Menu
GUILIN YANGSHUO IN SMALL BOAT
Oct 2, 2007 13:08
  • ANGELH
Hello,
next week I will begin my personal trip in China.
I visit Guilin and I would NOT like to make cruise to Yangshuo in a big boat full of people . I want to go quite and relax in an individual boat.

Is possible to find that boats without problems in Guilin?
The small boats arrive to Yangshuo or come back before arrive there?
How much time for Guilin-Yangshuo in small boat?
And very important... how much money I must pay, what would be a correct price?

Best regards, thanks,
Angel.
Oct 12, 2007 12:20
  • ELLYSE
Only big tour boats ply from Guilin to Yangshuo.
Take a bus from Guilin to Yangshuo then go on a bamboo raft (http://www.yangers.com/Yangshuo_Bamboo_ratfing.htm) in the surrounding area. Just as good as what you wanted.
Oct 25, 2007 00:05
  • ELIK
I have done that on my first trip to China to meet my wife back in November last year, and she and I have great time on the bamboo raft. I even got a excellent shot of the guy slipping and falling while crossing the river steps.

You can find them at www.eternalriveroftwilight.com. I even proposed to her few days before I left back to US and she accepted, which I returned 4 months later to marry her.
Oct 25, 2007 03:25
  • SUSAN205060
Romantish story?!
Oct 25, 2007 10:29
  • APAULT
Sorry to disagree with Elysse, but you can get small boats to do this trip. I agree that the big boats are not great. The cost is not a lot greater than going on a large boat if you have a grup of four or six that fills it, so under 300rmb. If you don't have a group ask the travel agents. I saw these advertised in the youth hostel in the city.
Oct 28, 2007 09:08
  • BILLYBAXTER
We were on a bamboo raft last week at Yangdti which is approx half way Guilin to Yangshuo. It cost 30rmb for 30 mins. Generally you will pay 100rmb for 1 hour. We were walking between Xeiping and Yangdti (bus first from Yangshuo to Xeiping). There are bamboo rafts everywhere. There are many small villages along this most beautiful section of the valley where people will try to get you on their raft. So you can bargain. So you could wander downstream form Yangdti where you have to buy a ticket (16rmb) which covers the cost of the 3 ferry crossings then go on a few rafting trips ....probably all the way to Yangshuo if time permits. Just the most amazing scenery and the water actually looks clean.
Nov 22, 2007 21:23
  • HAMSON
you can view the www.getyangshuo.com find what you want !
Nov 23, 2007 00:48
  • ELLYSE
Please be aware that http://www.getyangshuo.com is a rip-off from the http://www.yangers.com website. I would not trust or use a company which can't even do their own website with integrity and honesty. If they can cheat on their website, why can't they cheat on what they're going to provide to you?
Post a Reply to: GUILIN YANGSHUO IN SMALL BOAT
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code