Menu
Tricks to compressed tea???
Oct 4, 2007 14:13
  • GRIZ326
I have squares of compressed tea and two round platters.

Is there a trick to breaking them apart without tea flying all over the house?

I have used a little hammer with some success and today I used a large knife to split a square with the grain. ...but like I said...tea flies all over the house.

Is there a special tool for this task...or a special container used when breaking the tea???

Oct 4, 2007 20:47
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Break them while they are wrapped, usually the fingers can do it, but it appears your tea is very hard. There are chinese tin jars to keep the tea.
Oct 4, 2007 22:56
  • JIMMYB
Griz, I doubt that you need not open it. You just need to put it in the cup and add boiled water to make tea. Once I drank the tea that is kept in a very small bag. If you wanna drink it, you just put it in the cup and add boiled water to make it. Perhaps, yours is the same as what I drank.
Oct 4, 2007 23:19
  • GRIZ326
It is a large block...too big for a single pot of tea...and it does not break even when I attempt to break it against the edge of the kitchen counter. It is very tough.
Oct 5, 2007 00:52
You seem to have a problem with your drinks Griz, first your wine bottles and now your tea, I'm sure it would make a good comedy sketch.
Oct 5, 2007 11:14
  • GRIZ326
hehehehe....

The great Red Skelton could have really made a funny act out of either not being able to open wine bottles or being able to break the tea...but would he have found a way to tie them together???

Who would be the best comedian for that sketch today???
Oct 8, 2007 01:41
  • ROGERINCA
Yes, there is a "special tool" for this job of cutting up the tea cakes.....see photo.

If you like, I can also find a tool that will take care of any wine bottle you may encounter.

You can also use this tool to slice bread, peel apples, and mix great Margaritas.

Hope this is helpful !!!???

Oct 8, 2007 02:21
Hehehe, that was very funny Roger.
As for the comedy sketch Griz I'm sure I could have got together with my old friend and written something, my friend was a script writer for The two Ronnies, a British comedy team.
Oct 8, 2007 15:40
  • GRIZ326
Geeeeesh...I should have thought of that Roger. LOL!
Post a Reply to: Tricks to compressed tea???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code