Menu
Do you ever taste the chestnut?
Oct 5, 2007 04:38
  • KATRINA
Do you ever taste the chestnut? It is said that the chestnut contains many nutrient substances and microelements (calcium, phosphorus, kalium and inorganic salt). What's more, it contains much fatty acid that can prevent high blood pressure, coronary heart disease and arteriosclerosis. Also it can replenish blood and invigorate the kidney in Chinese traditional medicine theory.

BTW, there are manys to cook the chestnuts. You can make chestnut conjee or stir-fry them. Stir-fried chestnuts are my favourite. Braised Chicken with Chestnuts also tastes good.

Oct 5, 2007 04:41
  • KATRINA
No.1

Braised chicken with the chestnuts.

Oct 5, 2007 04:43
  • KATRINA
No.2

Fried chestnuts.

Oct 5, 2007 04:45
I love chestnuts, I used to buy them in West Beijing to take back to my hotel, I also buy them at christmas to go with my brussel sprouts.
Oct 5, 2007 07:20
Alan,

Perhaps you could comment on why the Chinese.. who from my experience seem to have incorporated into their dishes practically every possible food-stuff, have managed to keep safe distance from the humble brussel sprout???? or maybe I am mistaken?

Mike

Oct 5, 2007 07:54
  • JCNILE123
Many years ago, My father used to work for the united fruit co, so he was station in Costa Rica.
As a boy, growing up in Costa Rica we used to buy this chestnuts from the Chinese stores,
We used to love them, then we left Costa Rica to the USA and I never eat them again.
On my last trip to China this past August, as I was walking in the streets of Sanya, I saw them
just boil and fresh, delicious, my gf and I buy and enjoy them, as I was telling her of my life as a boy,
enjoying the beautiful rainforest of Costa Rica as I grow up.
Oct 5, 2007 07:55
I don't know Mike maybe it's the pungent aroma it sometimes gives off when being boiled or because of the flatulence it can cause, he he
I'm told that brussel sprouts are best after the 1st frost has got at them, why I have no idea? but that is what my father used to tell me.
Oct 5, 2007 20:47
  • HEIDI
I bought some fried chestnuts. While, my father said when he was young he ate too much chestnuts, so he didn't like it any more.

I like the braised chicken with the chestnuts.
Oct 5, 2007 22:04
  • JCNILE123
Heidi, I do not blame your father, I guess he eat his part already.
Oct 8, 2007 20:50
  • KEVIN0518
I like the fried chestnuts. Sometimes, my mom buys some chestnuts and stir-fries them for my sister and me. But I do not taste the braised chicken with the chestnuts. Judging from the picture, it must be good.
Post a Reply to: Do you ever taste the chestnut?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code