Menu
Family bank accounts
Oct 5, 2007 22:48
  • CANADAGUY
I'm not sure which is this best forum to post this, so I'll try here for now.

Can someone here please tell me if it is common in China for a parent to combine a bank account with their child?
That is, depositing most of their income into their child's account, who is also working and earning more than the parent.

What would the advantages be for such an arrangement?

Thanks!

Oct 6, 2007 00:46
  • HEIDI
My parents don't combine their bank account with mine. If they do, I will spend more money.
Oct 6, 2007 01:11
  • CANADAGUY
Thanks Heidi, that sounds like what most children would do if they saw a ballooning bank account in front of them.

But you were talking about two parents.
What about in the case of a single parent and one child? Do you know if this is something that is common in China or kind of unusual?

In the west, this would be quite unusual, to say the least.

Oct 6, 2007 04:43
  • HEIDI
Sorry, I just made a mistake, parents should be parent. In fact, I'm the only child in my family and I'm working now. My parent deposit money in bank with their name not mine. I have my own bank account.They said the money they deposit belong to me in the future as I'm the only child. Hehe...

I think this's common in China. Few parent deposit most of their income into their child's account. You mean in the west, it's common for parent to deposit most of their income into their child's account? right?
Oct 6, 2007 15:53
  • CANADAGUY
Hi Heidi,

OK I understand you now.

No, in the west parent's bank accounts are kept separate from their children's, as you indicate is the case in China too.

But in the west, children are not living with their parents for nearly as long as they do in China.

Post a Reply to: Family bank accounts
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code