Menu
Money transfers from China to abroad
Oct 7, 2007 06:22
  • DANNYN
I hope someone can help me answering the following question:

My salary in China of course is deposited on my Chinese banking account. I really would like to transfer some of it to my European account. What is the safest and cheapest way to do this?

Thanks!
Oct 7, 2007 23:20
  • ICEBERG
Dannyn, you can go to the Bank of China. The staff in the bank can help you to transfer you salary to your European accout. BTW, you'd better take a friend who can talk English as your interpreter.
Oct 12, 2007 07:16
  • DANNYN
Thanks for the reply. Any idea about the costs of this?
Oct 12, 2007 09:23
  • APAULT
A couple of years back it was necessary to have 5 documents to convert rmb earnings to foreign currency. I heard on TV that the rules were going to be relaxed to allow easier exchange. Can someone tell us the current situation?
Oct 13, 2007 02:03
  • WINDENERGY
I am able to transfer RMB into American curency at The Bank of China (not everyone BofC, however). I can have RMB converted into a Cashier's check and mail this check back to my bank account in the U.S. However, I was told that I could not deposit money earned in China directly into my U.S. account. So, I must go through a 3rd party (The Bank of China) to change RMB into US Dollars.

So, DANNYN, the cheapest and safest way for you to transfer money into your European account is to find a Bank of China in your city that does international currency exchange, then, go with a local bi-lingual Chinese person and request a Cashier's check written in your name for deposit into a foreign bank. Good luck!

__WINDENERGY__
Oct 13, 2007 02:28
  • DANNYN
Thanks to Apault and Windenergy for their very useful replies!
Post a Reply to: Money transfers from China to abroad
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code