Menu
Is there something special to celebrate Christmas in Xian?
Dec 15, 2004 10:06
  • JOJO2
Dear all who lives in Xian or knows Xian well,

I will spend this Christmas in China for the first time.
Can you give me any idea about how to spend this special Chinristmas in China? And is there some Christmas party to meet more expats?
If you havs the same experience, please give me some info about it.

Thanks
Dec 15, 2004 13:24
Well the whole inner side of city wall could be a Giant Party at Xmas Eve! Especailly, Nan da jie(South Ave) and Dong da jie(East Ave.)Ballons,Ribbons,costumes,masks,firworks...and PEOPLE!!!!Pubs pubs and night clubs could be fairy crowd.
Mean while you can enjoy the cocktail balls in most of Hotels....The commercials are everywhere on newpapers. Check it out!
May Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!!!!
Wohoa.........
Dec 16, 2004 09:38
  • JOJO2
Thanks TOMORROWNEVERDIE!
Thanks for your information:)
The Giant Party of the Christmas Eve sounds so great! What special content it would include?
And I am also interested in the balls of many hotels that you mentioned. Can you recommend one that you know and like most?
Thank you very much!!

Jo
Dec 16, 2004 09:39
  • JOJO2
Oh, I forgot~~

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year : )
Dec 16, 2004 13:47
It it a kinda parade!!! Just walk into the citywall from south gate(hey better be with your buddies...The traffic should be a mess during the xmas eve.
While cocktail isn't my kind of stuff:)....but I will recomand the cocktails in some 5 stars. Keep an eye on the newpapers these days.Ads are everywhere.
Oh. Almost forgot there will be a Theme concert: Walts,by Strauss during 24th and 25 th this month in Yi Su theatre.(I was heard that the price various from 680 to 180 Yuan)
Dec 20, 2004 17:11
  • JOJO2
It sounds that it will be very bubbling and crowded outside. But I prefer the peace and harmony, maybe I would choose the Theme Concert of Yi Su Theater that you mentioned:D
Any parties or feast? The newspaper seems to be all of the Chinese~~
By the way, I am curious what the people do on the South Ave and East Ave, and the square? Is there something special attracting them to assemble there? It draw me to join:)

Thanks

Merry Christmas!!
Dec 20, 2004 19:34
The booking hotline:87277823 83691629 86379127
but not sure they have english services. Or you have to go to Yi Su theatre yourself:).OR....Here's my email address qianlong.com|jie1976.. To see what I can help:)
Oh, It will be just like a padade. People just enjoy the atmersphere.
You can find the parties and feasts are everywhere. But just call in advance in case there will be no vacancy.
Good luck!
Dec 21, 2004 10:35
  • DAISY
Just glanced that the Tang Dynasty (Tang Yue Gong, also renowned as the China's premier cultural entertainment theater restaurant) will have a wonderful feast at the Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day, the price is about RMB 288 at most for an adult. You may have a reservation on line. But I am afraid it is a little bit late. You know, the Christmas Eve will arrive at this Friday, just two days left.

http://xiantangdynasty.com/doce/1about-1.htm

Have a good time ^_^

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!
Post a Reply to: Is there something special to celebrate Christmas in Xian?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code