Menu
5 Kinds of food protect you from cold
Oct 10, 2007 05:04
  • KATRINA
Winter is approaching. The weather is becoming colder and colder. Health experts suggest that eating five kinds of food can help prevet cold.

Grain is rich in zinc, which is vital to improve immunity.

Banana abouds in Vitamine B6 that is helpful to resist virus.
Capsium and Pepper contain stimulative substance, can protect you from snuffling.

Oct 10, 2007 08:47
I need them all, I have a lousy cold at the moment.
Oct 10, 2007 19:41
  • WINDENERGY
Katrina,

I still think that Vitamin C is vital to prevent catching a cold. In fact, Vitamin C helps to boost your immune system and enable your body to dispose of toxcins in the bloodstream. A good fitness program, where you sweat for 20-30 minutes also helps your body fight off viruses and germs.

__WINDENERGY__
Oct 11, 2007 04:15
  • ICEBERG
Thanks, katrina. Almost every winter, I catch cold. Hope these food can hlep me.
Oct 12, 2007 11:59
  • APAULT
You left out brandy - essential for keeping out the cold!!
Oct 15, 2007 17:47
  • DAVEC
Paracetamol is the main thing to keep away colds or at least surpress them. Have a look at any cold or flu remedy available in the shops and you will see it is the active ingredient in them all.
Oct 15, 2007 22:12
  • DREAMLIFE
Well, I prefer Chinese medicine to Western medicine though Western medicine can make you better quickly. But it is not good to take Western medicine frequently because it harms your body.
Oct 16, 2007 00:59
Paracetamol is very dangerous to take as it is in so many products as Dave mentioned, I once overdosed while on nightshift, I felt quite ill for about 2 hours until it wore off, I was lucky.
We once had a young lady working on our reception, she had a stomach ulcer and someone gave her paracetamol for a headache, I had to send the young lady to hospital because she took it on a empty stomach and was showing signs of internal bleeding, she could have died if I had not been there to take action.
Paracetamol for this reason should never be kept in a first aid box, if you have to take them always take with food or milk to line the stomach.
Alan
Post a Reply to: 5 Kinds of food protect you from cold
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code