Menu
Traveling to Changsha end of January 05 - weather?
Dec 16, 2004 02:06
  • AMARANDI
I'm traveling to Changsha with my husband the end of January 05 to adopt a baby girl from Yongzhou City. As this is my first time in mainland China I need information on the weather, hotels in Changsha, the possibility of traveling to Yongzhou whish is a 8 hour drive, attractions, things to buy ex. . . all on a short time line. Thanks
Dec 16, 2004 12:32
  • BILLIE
Jan is the coldest time of Changsha, with snow sometimes. Sweater and thick coat shouls be necessary. And do remember that no heating radiator inside. Keeping warm is the key. Don't know the specialities in Yongzhou. But there are som many things to buy in Changsha.
"The Xiang Embroidery (Xiang xiu) is the highlight, regarded in China as one of the four best embroidery types along with the Suzhou & Sichuan embroidery and the Yue embroidery from Guangdong.

Other specialties include the Xiang Tea (Xiang cha), porcelain & pottery, chrysanthemum stones, fans, firecrackers, lacquer reproductions, smoky quartz, bloodstone carvings, duck-down clothing and bamboo carvings, all of which can be bought in many stores around the city."

Yongzhou is near to Guilin. Maybe you can go to Guilin to enjoy the "most beautiful scenery landscape in the world".
Post a Reply to: Traveling to Changsha end of January 05 - weather?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code