Menu
How good is Jiuzhaigou?
Oct 11, 2007 16:48
  • DAVEC
Hope I spelt it right. I will be staying in Chengdu but will take a trip north to what I am told is a wonderful place to see.
Can anyone who has visited give me any tips on where to stay and what to see please?
Oct 11, 2007 20:44
  • DREAMLIFE
Dave, for more information, you can log on its offical site: http://www.jiuzhai.com/language/english/index.htm. There you can find its features and hotels.
Oct 14, 2007 08:02
  • JABAROOTOO
It's all good and you are still able to home stay inside the park although not officially so you want to be travelling light. There are plenty of places to stay outside the park. We stayed just outside the entrance, about as close as you could get. The gate price is expensive and if I remember correctly you can get a discount for your second day but it only works if there are two of you!!!! If you like walking you can skip the bus ticket but it is a bit of a hike up to the most interesting part of the park. some people begin walking but jump on the bus later. I don't know if they ever check your tickets. They never checked our. Take the bus out to the Long lake early in the morning and then ride it up to the heard of the other fork. From there you can walk the whole way back to the entrance. Again a long hike but it will be the only way to escape the crowds for some peace and quiet on your own.

The bus trip us is also interesting and a little time spent in Songpan is worth it too. An alternative trip back is via Hongyuan, to Maerkang, (staying in Zhuokeji), then Taoping via Wenchuan back to Chengdu.

Of course this depends on how much time you have.
Oct 15, 2007 17:39
  • DAVEC
Thanks for the info. As most people know from my threads I plan well ahead and my trip to Chengdu is march/april. I am staying for 4 weeks so will travel to Jiuzhaigou or that area for about 3/4 days probably, maybe more.

I forgot to ask, what sort of weather can I expect at that time of year?
Oct 16, 2007 05:35
  • JABAROOTOO
Cold
Oct 17, 2007 16:15
  • DAVEC
Is that cold but dry or cold and wet?
Oct 17, 2007 19:47
  • MONICAMARS
cold and wet
Oct 18, 2007 03:21
  • DAVEC
Oh dear, better pack my winter woolies and a brolly then.
Post a Reply to: How good is Jiuzhaigou?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code