Menu
What is the Best Road for Marriage then being Together in the States
Oct 11, 2007 22:02
  • ARIES52
I will to be going to China to meet a wonderful lady and she wants to very much meet me. We have been communicating for quite a while (6 mths). We have also started talking on the phone. She and I are looking ahead to what roads we may want to follow together. Frankly, my head is swimming to all the information on what needs to be done to get us together here in the states. I have several questions and would very much appreciate some very good suggestions / opinions. I am asking these not just for myself, but for others who will be seeking answers similar information.

1. Which is the best: K-1 or K-3 and why? Time lines, less forms, pros
and cons? Exactly what is the reasoning.

2. Can one start the process before the two meet? If so, which one or
can both be done but realizing that only one can be chosen. I look at
this from shortening the lenght of time even though the time is still the
same. It is just that when two meet and already have the same
strong opinions of each other the time will seem shorter.

3. If one applies for the single certificate, how long is this valid for? I have
to apply at the SF Consulate. Is the G1 form the only form to fill out
besides the documents that one must send in?

4. No matter how hard the road is, two with the will can make it to the
end. The question is, exactly how tough is this process and can one
actually complete this by themselves?

These opinions /suggestions would help me and others get better insight on what decisions we will make.

Thank you,

Aries52
Oct 12, 2007 08:33
  • APAULT
You should start by doing a search in this forum... just about all the info you need is likely to have been posted in the last 2 months...you are not alone in your hopes and dreams.
Oct 12, 2007 13:44
  • GRIZ326
Good luck to you. It is a long and costly process; there are no shortcuts.

This website is actually about traveling around China and aspects of Chinese life, but this subject comes up frequently. You might find these websites more useful with regards to your specific question:

http://candleforlove.com/
http://www.robsnanningsite.com/

Information about traveling and living in China is much better on this website than on those.

In what city does your young woman live?
Oct 12, 2007 20:22
  • ARIES52
Hello APAULT,

Thank you for some encouragment. I am ang believe me, looking. Thank you!
Oct 12, 2007 20:29
  • ARIES52
Hello GRIZ326,

Thank you for this information. One has to start some where and it is nice to hear from others directing one to helpful sites. I have visited one of them but never heard of the other. I am starting to realize what you said about this is more for travelling. She lives in Chongqing. It looks like a very nice place. Have you ever been to this area in your travels? If so, it would be nice to know a few things about it. Unfortunately, I will be going over in December when it is winter but it is the best time at this moment for the both of us. Thank you much!
Post a Reply to: What is the Best Road for Marriage then being Together in the States
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code