Menu
Weather in Xian
Oct 12, 2007 03:53
  • 4NDY
Good Morning everyone
I will be in Xian in late december, between christmas day and new years eve, whats the weather going to be like and any top suggestions what to see and do etc would be great.
All the best
4ndy
Oct 12, 2007 04:12
  • MIRANDAZHAO
It is in winter when you come. It is cold here and you should wear thick coat. What's more, snow seldom falls down. Here are many tourist attractions in Xi'an. The Terra Cotta Warriors is the most famous. Mt. Huashang is also worth a visit. Except what I have mentioned above, you can go to the big and small wild goose pagodas, stone tablets, Bell Tower and Drum Tower, Great Mosque etc. Also you can go to the Huiminjie to taste the Muslim food. Around Xi'an, you can go to Xianyang to visit the Qian Tomb and Hanyangling. Famen Temple is a must. Anyway, enjoy your trip in Xi'an.
Oct 12, 2007 07:10
  • DANNYN
Like said above; prepare for a very cold trip. O days that even daytime temperature won't reach 0 degrees centigrade.
Oct 12, 2007 07:12
  • DANNYN
Like said above; prepare for a very cold trip. On most days even daytime temperature won't reach 0 degrees centigrade.
Mirandazhao listed Mount Hua (Hua shan) as one of the sights to visit during the winter; but I wouldn't recommend it since it isn't open for climbing then.
Oct 12, 2007 12:01
  • ELLYSE
Look on http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/57036.html for Xi'an historical weather data.
Sep 20, 2009 13:54
GUESTPEARLYN hi, i'm going to chong qing, cheng du and xi an from 6dec to 26dec. I know it's going to be cold, but is wool thermal wear really necessary, or will cotton do also? How many sets so I have to buy? (they're kind of expensive :P)
Sep 20, 2009 21:13
  • ELLYSE
Cotton thermals will be fine if you also wear down coats and other appropriate winter apparel along with it.
Post a Reply to: Weather in Xian
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code