Menu
where should I move to?
Oct 12, 2007 17:40
  • FOCUSFOCUS
hello,

I'm kim
My family is going to move to Changsha coming Jan. 08 from US.
Can anyone tell me the safe place (apartment) to live for foreigners?
We are looking for 3 bedroom apt.

I have two sons 7 & 8 years old.

Kim
Oct 13, 2007 10:33
  • BABYHARE
Changsha is a good city to live. I have traveled to that city in July this summer. I think you and your familly will enjoy it. :)
Oct 15, 2007 10:16
  • ANTSADAVE
Hi.

I was in Changsha for 5 months earlier this year on student exchange and the place is great and very safe. It is though very different from Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou in that you can rent downtown for very little money. I can't think of the areas names of the top of my head but will come back to this thread with more info. I intend to do my internship there starting in January 2008 for 3.5 months. If you or your husband are connected to any company in the international business field that i might be able to apply to, let me know. I know i'm cheeky but i really want to go back there. I find those area names out.
Good Luck.
Anthony (UK)
Oct 15, 2007 11:37
  • APAULT
Your employer, college or whatever should provide that type of assistance.
Oct 28, 2007 08:30
  • ROBERTJ
Hi Kim,
I live in Changsha now. IF you want to contact me via email you can at aol.com|insambab
I ahve been here 2 years now. I own an English school in Hunan province and am going to buy a few more soon.
The one thread about the employer will find or will supply a suitable apartment is true., Foreigners can't just live anywhere. HAs to be approved by the PSB.. Secure and safe, entry only for residents etc. There are many nice apartments and most businesses including schools have apartments for the employees although not all have western toilets.. Easy fix to put on in though. There are no foreign schools in CS for your kids to attend so it's home schooling as your only option.
Bob
Oct 28, 2007 19:08
  • FOCUSFOCUS
Thank you Bob

You just brought up an importnat info about staying in there.
I'll try to reach you via email.

Thanks.
Nov 24, 2007 18:50
GUEST46178 Hi Kim:

I'm a changshaness, i'll be happy to help you with any issues that you may concern about changsha during your stay.

I'm not in changsha right now, but will be back during christmas (be gone before january). Living in downtown would be a great choice for most foreigners, as it's closest to all the shoppings centres, community facilities, restaraunts, etc. plus it's cheap.

But you may have your own preferences on lots of things. Anyway, feel free to drop me a message, my email is hotmail.com|yedhcas

Cheers
Scott Wang
Jul 29, 2009 09:52
GUESTJUFEL good job 、

Post a Reply to: where should I move to?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code