Menu
Boom, Bang, Boom
Oct 13, 2007 01:31
  • WINDENERGY
Why is it that everywhere I move in China, that there is construction going on outside my bedroom window??? Even on my holiday at Anning Hot Spring's last week I could hear the sounds of buzzing saws and clanging hammers.

Sorry if this is more of a complaint than an informative thread, but I've lived in 4 provinces and 6 places (over 20 months) and realize that China (away from the temples and big Provincial parks) is a hard place to find any peace. Riding my bicycle into the city I often get busses and cars honking their horns to tell me of their presence.

I guess that I shouldn't have expected Tahiti when I came to China, but why do people here have to work and live in constant clamour?

__WINDENERGY__
Oct 13, 2007 12:43
  • GRIZ326
It's funny you mention this WINDENERGY. I live in the forest; it is nearly silent except for the chattering squirrels and chirping birds. I have never noticed the noise in China. I imagine if I lived there China would grow louder every day.
Oct 13, 2007 14:47
  • DAVEC
I agree about the noise. I travelled to Dali and Lijiang and couldnt believe how much construction is going on. As for the horns on cars and busses, they should be removed due to serious over use.
Post a Reply to: Boom, Bang, Boom
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code