Menu
Streets & Markets of Guilin
Dec 16, 2004 14:26
  • TERRYSPYYDER
Hi!

I have seen many photos of beautiful Guilin. The scenery is indeed stunning. I think words cannot describe its beauty. I Wish to visit it one day. What about the city scene? How does it look like? Is there any interesting places like market place or food streets that the local people go to? Hope someone can help.

Dec 16, 2004 19:09
  • LILLIAN
I've been there once, it is okay with the River Lijiang, but many people chose to stay in Yangshuo, the best county of Guilin.
with great/cheap food, cheap lovely hostels,
people speak good English, etc...

Dec 17, 2004 15:48
  • DAISY
"Guilin is a good area to pick some nice souvenirs. The area around Mopanshan Dock has a few nice small shops selling gems and other traditional Guilin souvenirs such as Bamboo and wooden carvings. Guilin is an especially good place to pick up some tasty snack food. The oranges and small kumquats around here are very juicy and Guilin people also have a very sweet tooth so it's worth checking out some of their delicious candy."
Dec 18, 2004 16:39
  • DAISY
abd if you visit Guilin, Yangshuo should not be missed, "besides Dali in Yunnan, Yangshuo is China's most popular backpacker destination. In fact, Yangshuo has become legendary as a place to get away from China. The village is set amongst limestone and karst peaks, and is filled with quaint alleys, shops and restaurants that serve many kinds of western foods. The surrounding land is flat and perfect for bicycle riding and with your choice of peaks to climb and local villages to visit, Yangshuo has plenty to do! "
Enjoy it*_*
Post a Reply to: Streets & Markets of Guilin
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code