Menu
How could a Hongkongee get a driving licence in Guangzhou?
Oct 16, 2007 22:34
  • LIZXLI
How could a Hongkongee get a driving licence in Guangzhou?

Any information will be highly appreciated.
Oct 16, 2007 23:15
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Hey whats up,

Lizxli, wouldn’t you know how to get a drivers license since you are a Guangzhou resident?

So here it is:

1. A notarized deed from Guangzhou Public Notary Office for your Passport for the purpose of certifying the passport translation.
2. A Notarized Deed from Guangzhou Public Notary Office for your driving license translation.
3. People’s Republic of China Temporary Foreigners Resident Permit in which you should have a years worth of validity.
4. Eight Passport style photo’s with the white background.
5. Current foreign driver’s license.

You can take the written test at 10:30Am Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday of every week. There is a requirement of three years driving experience validated by the issue date on your foreign driver’s license. If you do not have three years worth of driving experience than you will need to take the road test at a set fee. If you have crossed the hurdle of the resident permit and gone through the written exam/road test then it will be 10 days until your drivers license is ready.

Hope that helps, If not I can try again.
Danny
Oct 18, 2007 18:20
  • LIZXLI
Danny,thank you very much!^_^
Jan 9, 2008 22:01
GUESTROY Assuming the same applies to US citizen, but where do you apply? Any address or contact info?

Thx.

Roy
Jan 9, 2008 22:19
  • APAULT
Good stuff Danny!

I have some questions though.

You said there must be one years validity on the residence permit, but these are often only issued for 1 year at the time, and in many cases less because teachers are hired for a 10 month contract and the permit often expires on the last day of the contract. Can u comment please?

My licence does not show how long I have held a licence, but in Aus it is known I have held it without blemish for at least 3 years because it is a 'gold' licence. Will this be an issue?

I am only licensed to drive to drive motor vehicles, not motor bikes.... what chance I can get a motorbike licence if I say it includes it...or does the Chinese licence include motorbikes anyway?

Jan 15, 2008 06:55
GUEST19179 Hello, I have a question. I would like to know how much it would cost an average citizen of Guangzhou to get a passport?

Thank you,

Ron
Jan 23, 2008 09:07
GUESTKLEM does anyone know, is it possible for a F( business type) visa holder in China to obtain a police clearance, if yes, does anyone know where to obtain one.
thanks a lot

klem
Aug 1, 2008 01:18
GUEST62182 China driver's license for Guangzhou expats

Guangdong Expat Service Center helps foreigners, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan
Citizens as well to obtain a official driver license.You can use to drive in any city around China.
We can apply for an official driver license on your behalf here in China, between 10-20 working days, even if you don’t have Chinese resident or a working visa. All you need is a valid visa and a valid driver license from your country.

Foreigners and overseas Chinese Requirements:

1. Copy of your visa page. (Any visa type is ok)
2. Copy of your passport .
3. Copy of the latest entry stamp in your passport.
4. Copy of oversea driving license (both sides).
5. (8) recent document color pictures. note: picture’s size must be 3 cm (H) x 2 cm (W) and must have white background
6. Chinese name and your height
7. RMB2000 deposit

Special assistance:
Do not have Chinese residence, working visa and valid driver license?
No problem!
We can still help to apply for a Chinese driver license even if you do not have a Valid Driver License from your country, Chinese Resident or Working Visa.
Please contact us for further detail and information!!

Please contact us for details through the following ways, or check out our website. http://www.guangzhouexpatservicecenter.com

Contact Details:

Wendy Cheng
Mobile phone:(0086)13560314810
Tel:(0086)020-33864395
Fax:(0086)020-34106129

China address:
889 Bin Jiang Dong Lu,Li Jing Wan
west Building #3C
CN-Guangzhou,Guangdong 510300
Nov 13, 2008 12:20
  • PRESADEMAR
Yup, I got one. F, L, visas are OK as long as you did not have any criminal records in the place you stayed.
Dec 4, 2008 20:34
  • LIZXLI
Thank you very much!^_^
Apr 14, 2009 23:45
  • PAGANBOY
what's a hongkongee? haha..is it a type of noodle?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How could a Hongkongee get a driving licence in Guangzhou?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code