Menu
Hangzhou
Oct 17, 2007 05:44
  • WMINNIE78
We would like to visit Hangzhou in March next year. Question is: will a day in Hangzhou be enough or should we stay overnight there. We will be travelling from Shanghai. What can we see/visit in Hangzhou.
Oct 17, 2007 08:23
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,WMINNIE78,

Last week I visit Hangzhou again and the lady who visit there only have one day time due to schedule.

It is really too tight & we will suggest you to stay overnight there to really enjoy the west lake and scenery.

Must-see spots in Hangzhou: West Lake / Longjing tea plantation(taste tea )/ pearl lake / Lingyin temple / qing he fang

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060

Oct 19, 2007 04:12
  • LEMONCACTUS
Hi WMINNIE78

Hangzhou is frequently described as China's "Heaven on Earth", and for good reason. It's an amazing, cosmopolitan city located in wonderfully scenic surroundings. A day would only allow you to get a flavour of Hangzhou, but you would miss much of its history, culture and beauty.

I agree that you must visit West Lake- it is synonymous with Hangzhou and you can't miss it. Also try and get to Longjing Tea Village which is located out West in the hills. Hangzhou has botanical gardens, parks, temples and towers... there are so many things to do. If you can, try to stay longer than one day. I think you will regret it if you don't. I know visitors to China frequently mention Hangzhou as a highlight of their trip!

Whatever you decide, have a great trip.
Oct 20, 2007 00:26
  • LAZYSNAIL
I did that once...only stayed for one day...but I had a car and a driver to drive me around and it was so rushed.... I've been to hangzhou many times when I was younger so that one day was really just to revisit few places while I'm there.... If it's your first time... you should at least stay for 3 days
Oct 20, 2007 21:55
  • SUSAN205060
I agree LAZYSNAIL that one day is really too rush and if have 2 ¬3 days are better.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Dec 1, 2007 02:10
  • WMINNIE78
Can we get a taxi in Hangzhou to take us around or is it better with a tour guide? We will be flying to Shanghai at the end of March 2008 and wants to spent sometime in Hangzhou. We can either spent 2 days there and 1 day in Souzhou or 3 days in Hangzhou.
Dec 2, 2007 05:29
  • ELLYSE
Instead of the 2 options that you have, I would suggest that you spend 2 days in Hangzhou and 1 in Xitang.
Email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 if you need more information; please put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg WMINNIE78) in the subject line, thanks.
Post a Reply to: Hangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code