Menu
Cost of living in different regions of China? (as a local)
Oct 21, 2007 13:12
guest12457 I'm searching for information on the cost of living for locals who live in different regions of China. Would you mind listing as many regions as possible and the average amount of money they would need to live there? I need to compare them with eachother for a project I am doing.

Thanks!
Oct 21, 2007 13:15
GUEST12457 oh, when I ask the average amount of money they would need to live there, I mean how much money would they have to make a year?
Oct 21, 2007 20:15
  • DANNYN
In the Xi'an area, you can get around with about 1500RMB a month. That is without the costs of an apartment and electricity.
Oct 22, 2007 00:52
  • JABAROOTOO
If what you are looking for is statistics for Chinese people in different regions of the country, you could see if you can access some Government sites. I doubt that our personal information and perhaps guessing and hearsay would be of much help.

Perhaps one of our Chinese Members could suggest a suitable website to have a look at although I wonder what you would find in English?????But you never know.

Some people actually live on well under $100 per month some less than half especially if they live on their farms. People who live in towns and cities would also vary considerably

Good luck with your project.
Aug 11, 2008 20:52
GUEST12919 I know some consulting companies have such kind of survey on cost of liveing, you can check Mercer Consulting
Aug 31, 2008 15:54
GUEST10168 What is the longest Visa a U.K. citizen can obtain to travel China, and what restrictions are imposed on people wanting to travel extensively
Aug 31, 2008 21:55
  • ELLYSE
Probably 30 days at the moment. Extensions (up to 2 of the same length as the original visa) used to be possible, but not sure now since it had been the Olympic period.
Sep 1, 2008 08:29
  • APAULT
Outside the Olympic period you should be able to get up to 3 month visas with two or more re-entries - meaning you would have to make a trip outside when the visa expires.

Restrictions include being 'required' to register every night with the police - but this rule is not strongly enforced, though it can be. If you stay in an approved hotel this is done automatically. Lesser hotels are not supposed to accept you - but this rule is only applied in some towns. If you stay with a friend they have 24 hours to register you (city, 48 hours in rural areas). You cannot drive unless you obtain a Chinese licence. There might also be restrictions on travel in Tibet - I am not sure of the current status on that.
Sep 3, 2008 00:38
  • ROBERTL
not answer to your question but I am here on 6 month visa single entry and also you can get 1 year visa but stays are only for 60 days at a time
Post a Reply to: Cost of living in different regions of China? (as a local)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code