Menu
Need helps or info on Huang Shan, Emei Shan and Yunnan
Apr 1, 2004 17:00
  • HUE
Myself and a friend are interested to trek Huang Shan and Emei Shan (Leshan, Sichuan). We are looking for tour(s), which hopefully are more physical and adventrous, where we hope to experience more of the local cultures and sceneries. We would perfer a back-packing style, as opposed to full organised shopping tours.
Apart of the 2 mountains, we are also interested in visiting Yunnan, mainly Dali, Lijiang and Shangri-la. We don't mind doing overland transports, on the local rails or coaches system, as opposed to air travel. We are also considering the (old) 3 Gorges cruises from Wu-Han to Chongqing.

Anyone out there know of:
such tours or tour operators that may exist?
What is the best time (in term climate) to visit these places?
What is the estimated cost and time required, going to be?
Is the 3 Gorges cruise still worth going (never been on before)?

Any information or tips are appreciated.
Apr 1, 2004 17:01
Hi,Hue
I think the best time to visit Huangshan, Emeishan, Yunnan Province and 3 Gorges is April or May, because it is always sunny without too much rain, flowers birds here and there, very beautiful. Undoubtedly, the 3 Gorges is still worth visiting. But our suggest is that you'd better choose cruise from Yichang to Chongqing, because there're just several high-grade (5-star) cruisers from Wuhan to Chongqing, such as Yantse Angel, President, Regal and King,etc. You know it's more expensive but more comfortable. And from Yichang to Chongqing, there're 3-star, 4-star and 5-star cruisers for your choice.
And the estimated can not be calculated untill you confirm your brief itinerary, I think.
If you still need help from tour operator, please feel free to contact them: )
Apr 6, 2004 21:06
  • CHICO
just have a look at www.sinofei.de or mail directly (sinofei.de|info)
A friend of us runs a travel agency in yunnan - but also if you need any other info regarding yunnan, just mail
Apr 28, 2004 09:10
  • DENNIS
Hey Mr. Hue,

I just love your itinerary and the places of interest you plan to visit. When you do go there count me in! I, myself am looking for a lot of adventure, but being a foreigner here doesn't allow much freedom to go anywhere.

Hoping for the best,
Dennis
Apr 30, 2004 02:53
  • PERFDAVID
Check out www.china-hiking.com and click on the huangshan tour. I am getting ready to go on it this coming May.
Jun 21, 2004 12:47
  • HUE
Thanks all for the details, great encouragement. I am currently in a panic strife, got all the work-leave and International flights arranged, but still no China Tours. Decide to leave out Yunnan (till year end), and to focus on HuangShan, more Sichua (JiuZhaiGou, ChengDu, La Shan, Emei Shan) and ZhangJiaJie (WuNan), refer to the message (Interest in Travel around China In Budget) I posted on 2/Jun on this forum. But the quotes for the trip I have obtained from the travel agents in Sydney and China are just way over the top. Mainly goes to paying for the car, the driver, the Guide and their accommodation/meals/tips etc... I am trying my last effort to get a quote from HK travel agents. So Dennis feel free to email me, if you are interested in the trip (20/7- 5/8). PerfDaivd and Chico thank for the details.
Post a Reply to: Need helps or info on Huang Shan, Emei Shan and Yunnan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code