Menu
Rugby---real men's game
Oct 22, 2007 21:09
  • DREAMLIFE
Do you like watching Rugby games? Personally, I think that Rugby is more fierce than soccer. It is real men's game. What do you think of it?

Oct 22, 2007 21:09
  • DREAMLIFE
No.2

Oct 22, 2007 21:10
  • DREAMLIFE
No.3

Oct 22, 2007 22:05
  • TUNGSHUNGHWA
i don't like it .
soccer is the number 1 sport game
Oct 23, 2007 00:47
  • DAVEC
I like rugby but only watching, never had chance to play. It is for men while football is for fairies. When you see footballers rolling around on the floor when they are barely touched it is a laugh, while rugby players continue when they have cuts and even broken bones.
Look at the recent incident in the Celtic V Milan match, a fan ran onto the pitch and tapped the Milan goalkeeper on the chest, he then rolled around the floor holding his face before being taken away on a stretcher. I cant remember ever seeing a rugby player play acting like that.
Oct 23, 2007 01:25
I have played both games, yes rugby is a hard mans game and despite the punch ups they have on the field after they have a drink together as if nothing happened.
Dave is right, I'm ashamed at the players play acting, when you get a serious injury no takes much notice because they think the player is acting, there are tough players in football too, the memories of players like Englands Terry Butcher playing on when his head was cut open, the blood was everywhere, these days they have to change their shirts if they get blood on them.
Dodger is better qualified to comment as his son plays over here in England.
Alan.
Oct 23, 2007 04:55
  • DODGER
Rugby is a game that needs to understood completely before while watching it.
The fight for field position and retention of the Ball is the most important thing..
And as Davec has said, not for the faint hearted.
And also as Alan has also said, after the game, win or loose both teams can have a drink together.
Both of my Sons play Rugby. My oldest is in England playing and being paid to play and having a wonderful time with all of the bonuses that go with it. (Girls)
My little boy will be traveling to the UK in December with his school team and as Captain.
Both of them are better than I ever was.
But what a game! Yes they play it in heaven.
Alan, I took the bate on this one.
Cheers, Dodger.
Oct 23, 2007 05:07
I knew you would Dodger, I got amused at my mate who used to straighten his broken nose using 2 pencils before downing loads of beer to forget the pain, I have done something simular myself and the bar maid fainted. he he
Oct 24, 2007 22:03
  • JIMMYB
It is for men while football is for fairies.

Dave, soccer is the real man's game. I do not like Rugby because it is too wild and those players seem a little clumsy. But soccer is different. The footballers have to use their head to pass their rivals and shoot a goal. Very exciting!
Oct 25, 2007 01:20
Jimmy, I am a football fan, the players play acting gives the impression that they are not real men, I don't like cheats in any sport.
Oct 25, 2007 11:43
  • APAULT
When you have watched a few games of Aussie Rules (Australian Rules Football), you will know what a 'real man's game' is !
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Rugby---real men's game
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code