Menu
China to launch its first moon orbiter!
Oct 23, 2007 02:56
  • ICEBERG
On Oct.22, the spokeman of CNSA (China National Space Administration) said:" China is planning to launch its first moon orbiter On Oct.24 at Xichang Satellite Launch Center.

According to the news, the moon orbiter is called Chang'e 1. In legend, Chang'e flew to the moon. It is said that the first picture of the moon will be relayed back in late November.

This marks the first step of China's three-stage moon landing plan. A moon landing and launch of a moon rover will be realized around 2012. In the third stage, another rover will be launched to the moon to collect lunar soil and stone and bring them back on earth around 2017.

Oct 23, 2007 04:19
  • TUNGSHUNGHWA
it will be launched successfully !!! ola!
Oct 24, 2007 03:21
GUEST22132 waste natural resources! China should have share the information with advance countries
Oct 24, 2007 06:52
I saw it on the news, I hope you are " all over the moon " he he
Alan
Oct 24, 2007 10:39
The Long March 3A rocket carrying the Chang'e One lunar orbiter blasted off successfully from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest China's Sichuan province on time earlier today!

An Impressive Achievement - I look forward to hearing more from the mission

Oct 24, 2007 15:47
  • GRIZ326
The US space program drove American innovation like no other event that I can think of.

I am betting that China's goal to reach the moon will drive the Middle Kingdom into a new golden age of Chinese innovation.
Oct 24, 2007 21:50
  • JIMMYB
Congratulation! I am also looking forward to hearing more pleasant news. Chinese people's dream of landing on the moon will be realized.
Nov 7, 2007 07:14
BEIJING, Nov. 7 (Xinhua) -- China's first lunar probe, Chang'e-1, completed its nearly two-million-km flying journey to the moon successfully on Wednesday morning and entered its working orbit, 200 km above the moon, where it will stay orbiting every 127 minutes for the next year.

In the coming days, the probe will further adjust its orbit and start testing its instruments, which include: stereo camera and interferometer, imager and gamma/x-ray spectrometer, laser altimeter, microwave detector, high energy solar particle detector, and low energy ion detector.
Post a Reply to: China to launch its first moon orbiter!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code