Menu
make friends
Jan 25, 2005 09:33
  • DAMAQUE
to PRAYINGPOLARBEAR :

hey friend, thank you for your thinking of me.
My work is a little bit busy these days. Our company will do some promotion activities.
How about you? Where are you then?

Regards
damaque
Jan 25, 2005 09:53
en, thanks to our Lord, i am still alive on this earth.lol. Praise the Lord!
Hey, have you found that many people are so interested in shanghai? there are many questions on it!
why is Shanghai that amazing? My favorite city is guangzhou.
Jan 25, 2005 10:05
  • EDYHARTO
Hi, Praying Polar Bear,

Greetings to you from Singapore.

I am interested in Shanghai because of its rich history and uniqueness. There are also exciting bargain places like Xiangyang Market and Nanjing Street. Of course, the sex museum I understand has moved. But besides these, may I ask you, since you sound like you know Shanghai well, what are favorite places.

You said your favorite city is Guangzhou. Tell me what are good things about this city? Thank you.
Jan 26, 2005 08:34
hey, friend, i am sorry to say i am not familiar with shanghai but our friend damaque knows it so well so u may ask her.
I like Guangzhou owing to the leisurely atmosphere and so many restaurants.
The culture is unique, too. It is quite different from the north or the central china. I like the weather, too, except that there is no snow.
Guangzhou is very speicial in every aspect. It has gone beyond a city but represents a culture.
Jan 26, 2005 09:08
  • EDYHARTO
Thanks Prayingpolarbear for your quick reply. You sound like you like Guangzhou very much. Are you living there for a long time?

Perhaps thenour friend, Damaque can tell me the answers to my last questions about Shanghai? By the way, does anyone knows what is the cost of a short package tour to Tokyo from Shanghai? Thanks..

Jan 26, 2005 17:37
  • DAMAQUE
Hi friend,

Sorry to delay the feedback. Another busy working day again.
I have no special feeling of like or dislike one city.
I like Shanghai, as Beijing. Like Beijing as Tibet. I think every city holds their own unique charm and story, so different from the others. That's it. That's the reason we love them. Coz just they are.

Yes, you can get some famous brand goods in the market of Xiangyang Road, although they are fakement. But nobody cares. Huaihai Commercial Road is shanghai girl's first choice. And they may go to Changle Road and some other small shops area.
The bund is a worthy place you should go. It collects some mixed-style architecture. I hope you will enjoy it.

damaque
Jan 30, 2005 01:16
  • PRVNK
Hey Amina,
this is Praveen.
Nice to know you like to travel.
Me too.
I've been to Shanghai and found it good. I like Jinan more though being pretty laid back and not a fast life like Shanghai.
I am planning for Suzhou and Hangzhou for spring festival. Not sure if its a good choice this time of year. I didnt know where else to go.
All my colleagues are going back to hometowns or spending with their families and I hate sitting at home wathcing DVDs alone. I'd rather hit the road.
Hey I will definitely be interested in some exciting trips in China and be a travel mate.

Hey DAISY I'll meet you in Xian sometime too. (You still in Xian right?)

BTW I'm from India and in Jinan now since the past few months.
Jan 30, 2005 10:38
  • AIQIU222
Hi Damaque

Wow, you have travelled over so much of China. Your so lucky. You've basically done exactly what I want to do. I've just finished a semester teaching English and really want to see more of China. Where were you thinking of going next? Tibet is definitely on my list, but I am on a budget. Any recommendations on the cheapest way to get there?
Jan 30, 2005 11:40
  • EDYHARTO
Hi Damaque,

I cannot agree with you more that every city holds their own uniqueness and charm. We explore them cos they are there...

Now, with tips from you and others in this forum, we are quite firm on the trip. First we would visit Shanghai and from there, proceed on with the iron horse, possibly all the way to Shantou.

I have a question. At one website (Chinats.com) I see some trips are shorter than others for the same destination. I don't understand why this is so. For example, from Kunming to Guilin, there is one where the journey is only 437 km? Another concern is the touts and porters at the railway station. Should they carry our luggage, how much do you think is a good price to pay them?

Edyharto
Feb 8, 2005 11:34
  • EDYHARTO
Hello everybody,

The prediction of the fengshui master is that the Year of the Rooster will be a good year for everybody.. Gong Xi Fa Cai, may all your wishes come true.. Cheers.
Page 4 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: make friends
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code