Menu
cycling
Oct 26, 2007 07:49
guest12722 I will be in Guilin next month for one full day. I would really like to tour the area on bike. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as routes, must sees, bike rentals, etc. Thanks!
Oct 26, 2007 21:00
  • HEIDI
Bicycles in Guilin can be easily rented at hotels and some trafic trunks. The rental fees are charged by hour you rent or by day. In general, the daily rate is about 15 Yuan.

Oct 26, 2007 21:19
GUEST12722 Thanks for the info. I assume you have done this?? If so, what areas of Guilin did you visit? How did you come up with your route? Was it pretty easy to get around?
Thanks for your help!
Oct 26, 2007 22:51
  • ELLYSE
Go to Yangshuo instead: http://www.yangers.com/activities_around_Yangshuo.htm
Oct 27, 2007 02:03
  • HEIDI
Sorry, I've never been there although I have dreamed to visit the place many times. Guilin is famous for the beautiful Li River and many hills such as the Elephant Trunk Hill (Xiangbishan) and Diecai Hill (Folded Brocade Hill).

I agree with Ellyse, Yangshuo which is not far from Guilin also worth your visit.
Oct 27, 2007 21:52
  • BARRY1
I rented a very nice bike at the hotel that I was staying at in Guilin. I found Guilin a very nice place to ride.. I have also been to Yangshuo did not ride there but it is very flat and looks like it would be a very good place to ride also.
Oct 28, 2007 08:37
  • BILLYBAXTER
We were cycling in the Yangshou area last week (Oct 18-22). Bikes are cheap to rent ....10rmb or 20rbm for a better one. Go for a good one as the roads can be rough and you will probably have no tools or a spare tube. The ones from the Bamboo Hut are good. We also tried a brand new Giant MTB. They are very basic and not as good as the Bamboo Hut machines. You can ride anywhere but get out into the fields and follow the patchwork of paths. You can try and follow the dotted cycle tracks you will see on the large maps posted in most guest houses. Good luck. Some ride out to Xeiping or to Dragon Bridge. If you are serious look for the military maps or try and get one before you leave home. The local tourist maps are hopeless.
You will see many riders ....start early because you will probably get lost. Take lots of water. You can always find food. Wonderful scenery.
Post a Reply to: cycling
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code