Menu
True Internet love?
Oct 28, 2007 04:44
  • ANGIE99
Many people start to search their love via the Internet. Do you believe the long distance love could happen in real life? Will you find your love thousand miles away?
Oct 28, 2007 04:54
  • GURTY
Well, it depends. One of my friends met her Mr Right through the internet. They fell in love with each other and got married two years ago. Now, they have had a baby and lived a happy life.

While another friend is not so lucky. She was asked by the men to lend him some money. After recieving the money, the man disappeared. She spend half of the following year in paying the debts.
Oct 28, 2007 12:57
  • GRIZ326
All relationships present difficulties. I do not know if there is a Mr. Right or a Mrs. Right, but through our lives we meet a few people that we feel close to. You must then decided if you will extend your trust to them on faith - or if you will avoid the commitment.

Trusting anyone on faith is a risky gamble; maybe not an Internet someone is a bit riskier than someone living close by, but it is still a gamble. However, when you feel close to someone could that be "opportunity knocking?"

Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem:

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Trust me when I tell you that I struggle with my feelings about this every day because I have one of those long distance Internet relationships. I am extending my trust far, far, far beyond my normal boundaries. I hope and believe my gal really does like me. Spring Festival my feelings get a sanity check; then I will know.

Oct 28, 2007 12:59
  • GRIZ326
CORRECTION:

"Trusting anyone on faith is a risky gamble; maybe not an Internet someone is a bit riskier than someone living close by, but it is still a gamble."

SHOULD BE:

Trusting anyone on faith is a risky gamble; maybe an Internet someone is a bit riskier than someone living close by, but it is still a gamble.
Oct 28, 2007 19:30
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Good luck with that, Griz.

I was wondering, is there any significance to those jackets you and your girl are wearing? I first thought that it might be gender related but then I see a female wearing the same jacket as you and others wearing the same jacket as your girl.

Danny
Oct 28, 2007 20:13
  • GRIZ326
No significance at all...it was cold on top of Emei Shan.
Oct 28, 2007 20:52
  • LEONARDO
Quote:

"Trusting anyone on faith is a risky gamble; maybe an Internet someone is a bit riskier than someone living close by, but it is still a gamble."

Wow, Griz326,

So we all gamblers, since life itself is a gamble. Marriage is a gamble. Work is a gamble. Beore the game finished, everything can be changeable. No trump card can be found in life. Usually, it is " the trump card' that costs you more heavily. Do you agree with me?
Oct 29, 2007 05:34
  • DODGER
Griz,
A heart warming post.
I am far from being an expert on human relationships whether in business or love.
But perhaps the 80/20 rule will prevail.
I hope I have used up all of the 20% bits by now.
Leonardo, yes life is like a game of cards.
Dealer; new pack please.
Dodger.
Oct 29, 2007 09:48
You're right Dodger, life is like a game of cards and I'm the Joker!! he he
Alan.
Post a Reply to: True Internet love?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code