Menu
Need your advice for travel planning
Oct 29, 2007 23:09
  • JH0128
Hi everyone!

Lately I keep myself busy to search travel information for my trip to Beijing next Feb. While I was looking for one-day trip to Great Wall and Ming Tombs, a couple of questions were risen. Please answer to the questions and it will be very appreciated.

1. Is there any local travel agency that you can recommend for one-day trip to ONLY Great Wall and Ming Tombs including vegiterian lunch, trasportation and English speaking tour guide with NO shopping? It doesn't matter a group tour or a private one.

2. If so, what is the price like? Is it any cheaper than hiring a driver and a car?

Thanks for reading. I'm looking forward to having some answers soon.
Good day!
Oct 30, 2007 00:19
  • BURSTBUBBLE
Yes, local travel agency offers one-day tour to the GW and Ming Tombs including lunch. If you join the group, it should be cheaper than the private one, basically it costs around 55$per person(but at least two person). If you hire a car, it costs around 600RMB to the GW, but the driver might not speak English.
Oct 30, 2007 02:15
  • TUNGSHUNGHWA
hey, you can go to the GW by bus NO.919 from the downtown beijing, and just cost 12RMB(less than 2$!)
Nov 8, 2007 01:02
GUEST22388 No.919 ,what a funny suggestion ! the foreign freinds will become the pictures ,cause the crowded people
http://lennon0117.blog.sohu.com/
Nov 9, 2007 05:32
GUEST17445 if you just need English speaking driver,i have a good recommendation.Konglin in Beijing,he has a nica car and speaking very fluent english.his email address is hotmail.com|konglin316
Nov 19, 2007 22:19
  • BOUNCER
Hello !!
i'm planning to travel to Beijing for a short holiday & visit a few places. I live in HK but do not speak chinese, do you think i can get around in the public busses you have mentioned ? and reach these destinations.
Nov 21, 2007 06:46
  • CALIFORNIA
Where will you go???
Nov 21, 2007 07:54
  • JOEZHOU
There are four ways go to the Badaling Great Wall
1.Taking by the bus No 919 from Beijing City to Yanqing County at Deshengmen Long Bus Station lasting about 2 hour one way. The Price is RMB 12/person. This is the cheapest way. But it is difficult go to the Ming Tombs one day.
2.Taking the Sightseeing-bus at Tiananmen Square. The price is RMB 160/person including transportation, lunch (you must tell guide you are vegetarian in advance or you take some food) and ticket of Great Wall and Ming Tombs. This is Trusty way. But I am not sure if there is English tour-guide and shopping on the way.
3.Local travel agencies organize the one-day trip to Great Wall and Ming Tombs and must be shopping at least one time on the way. Some have trap. So please think about it cautiously. Different travel agency has different quotation.
4.Renting a car or taking taxi with English tour-guide is an expensive one day trip. The price may be at least RMB 800 including car and guide.
If only one traveler, I suggest to consider the NO TWO way to go.
In winter you must feel extreme cold on Great Wall. So be careful.
Get more information please mail gmail.com|travelingislife
YOUR SELF-TOURS IN CHINA IS OUR SPECIALTY.
HAVE A GOOD TRIP IN CHINA!

Nov 21, 2007 07:54
  • JOEZHOU
There are four ways go to the Badaling Great Wall
1.Taking by the bus No 919 from Beijing City to Yanqing County at Deshengmen Long Bus Station lasting about 2 hour one way. The Price is RMB 12/person. This is the cheapest way. But it is difficult go to the Ming Tombs one day.
2.Taking the Sightseeing-bus at Tiananmen Square. The price is RMB 160/person including transportation, lunch (you must tell guide you are vegetarian in advance or you take some food) and ticket of Great Wall and Ming Tombs. This is Trusty way. But I am not sure if there is English tour-guide and shopping on the way.
3.Local travel agencies organize the one-day trip to Great Wall and Ming Tombs and must be shopping at least one time on the way. Some have trap. So please think about it cautiously. Different travel agency has different quotation.
4.Renting a car or taking taxi with English tour-guide is an expensive one day trip. The price may be at least RMB 800 including car and guide.
If only one traveler, I suggest to consider the NO TWO way to go.
In winter you must feel extreme cold on Great Wall. So be careful.
Get more information please mail gmail.com|travelingislife
YOUR SELF-TOURS IN CHINA IS OUR SPECIALTY.
HAVE A GOOD TRIP IN CHINA!

Dec 6, 2007 20:40
GUESTKELVIN I'm Professional in English tour guide In Beijing over 5 years,I'm name is kelvin Wang
I Can Provide Reservation Hotel,Tour guide, Rent Car in Best Cheapest Price.

Kelvin Wang Msn:hotmail.com|kelvinwangjing
Cell:13661358910
Tel:0086-10-63726235
Dec 8, 2007 07:58
  • APAULT
If you want to make sure you can get vegetarian, take your own.

Bouncer: yes you can get around on the buses if you have some experience of travelling. I speak no Chinese and usually get where I want to go, but it does take longer. The basic rule is ask at least 3 people. If there is any variance in the answer, keep asking. Yeah you can ask even without Chinese. Get as many things written down in Chinese as you can. keep the phrases separate, only show one at the time or your helpers will want to read everything and they get more than confused. Have a map with the places u want to get to marked on it. Most important of all have is to have the name and address of your hotel written down so that you can get home again. I also find a compass is invaluable,

I haven't done the trips mentioned above but with the detail provided above I would feel quite confident.

The Guest who must be a tourist, not a traveller implied you wouldn't want to travel on the 919 bus as you will be stared at. Big deal, we are the intruders - but you rarely get overbearing attention! Maybe Guest has long pointy ears or took his teeth out to clean them.
Post a Reply to: Need your advice for travel planning
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code