Menu
Help: Pudong to Holiday Inn DT Shanghai: ATP Tour
Oct 30, 2007 07:50
  • BEYRIDGE
Hi! I and my husband will be going to Shanghai to watch the ATP Final Tour (Tennis). Our flight will be landing at Pudong airport. We are booked at Holiday Inn Downtown Shanghai. What are the ways we can go from Pudong to Holiday Inn, aside from taking the taxi directly from Pudong? And how much would it cost us? Our hotel's address is 585 Heng Feng Road. The website says it is very near Shanghai Railway Station and Subway Station.

Thank you for your help.

Diane
Cebu, Philippines

Oct 30, 2007 20:04
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,BEYRIDGE,

You can take airport shuttle bus line#5 to Shanghai railway station & then take a taxi to your hotel(Total cost will be within RMB60 for two person). This is the most economical solution.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060

Oct 31, 2007 00:06
  • BEYRIDGE
Thank you! What if we want to take the Maglev train? Since we haven't experienced it, we wanna try getting to our hotel through the Maglev/Subway. What to do? Is there a shuttle bus that goes near our hotel back to the airport? Coz we are thinking of taking the bus on our return trip home instead. Thanks so much again.!
Oct 31, 2007 00:54
  • ELLYSE
You DO NOT need to take any more taxi after you take airport shuttle no.5 to Shanghai main train station, please! Simply walk from where the bus stops, to your hotel. Susan, if you're not sure about what the locations are like, please don't mislead travellers.
This airport shuttle or any other one will not pass by the Maglev stop at Longyang Lu metro stop. So it's EITHER Maglev OR airport shuttle, not both. IMHO it's better to take the Maglev on the way out than on the way in.
Oct 31, 2007 09:04
  • BEYRIDGE
Thanks Ellyse. So on my way back to the airport, as I have decided to take the airport shuttle bus on our return, I just to go Shanghai Main train station? Where can I find the shuttle stop there?
Oct 31, 2007 21:36
  • ELLYSE
Ask the hotel staff. It's opposite the train station. Don't know how else I could describe the bus stop to you without having a photo to show you.
Nov 9, 2007 09:49
GUEST10122 Hi...I need help also. wer going to shanghai to watch ATP also. Any suggestions, the cheapest hostel, guesthouse or for backpackers, near the area of Qi Zhong Stadium..Thanks

Nov 9, 2007 19:31
yes,you may find some hostels in the downtown.Qi Zhong Stadium is about 27 km away,so you may take subway 1 to the final station,then take the subway 5 and get off at Minghang Station and call a taxi to the Qi Zhong Stadium.
Good Luck
Nov 9, 2007 20:47
  • BEYRIDGE
GUEST 10122:
The location of Qi Zhong Stadium will not be a problem if you stay somewhere near any subway station nearby. ATP organizers has provided FREE shuttle bus from four stops scattered in downtown. This bus leaves every 30 minutes to take you to the Stadium. Just show your ticket. I'm staying at Holiday Inn. The nearest shuttle I'll be riding to go to the Stadium is stationed at Shanghai Stadium. See you if ever.
Nov 9, 2007 20:51
  • BEYRIDGE
If it would help, visit this site: http://www.masters-cup.com/2/travel/ for the public transportation schedule. Just download the map of the subway so you can figure out which Line is most convenient for you, and you know which ATP shuttle to take. Good luck.
Nov 28, 2007 07:05
GUEST48102 I am booked at Holiday Inn Pudong - what is the fastest and economical way to reach from Shanghai airport. I will be travelling alone.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Help: Pudong to Holiday Inn DT Shanghai: ATP Tour
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code