Menu
Four most desirable Chinese cities to live in.
Nov 1, 2007 02:59
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Here is a question: what are the most desirable cities to living in ? Whic h cities would you like to choose?

Chinese City Brand Value Report compiled and recently issued their choices based on five indicators: suitability for living, industry, business, tourism and learning. Beijing and Shanghai zoom to the top two on this list. But they bomb out in the most suitable for living category. City planning expert, Professor Chang Honglin, also believes that the first tier cities are now unfit for living because of their unchecked expansion.

According to the 2006 Report on the Index of China Cities Suitable for Living published by the Horizon Research Consultancy Group, the top four most desirable cities to live in are all second tier cities.

Dalian: green city ( Liaoning Province in Northeast China)
Huizhou: new life (Guangdong Provinces)
Chengdu: no one who comes to Chengdu is willing to leave ( Sichuan Province)
Wuhan: merciful beauty (Hubei Province)

"The four above-mentioned second tier cities each have their own particular attractions. One thing they all hold in common is that they all offer a comfortable lifestyle. Unlike bigger cities: Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, life in these second tier cities is rather relaxed and easy. People there don't have to rush to work and they can enjoy more leisure time, which has become unavailable in the first tier cities because of increased urban pressures. Therefore, if you want an authentic life, come to the second tier cities. "This is comment made by the evaluation jury.

The four most desirable Chinese cities to live in: Dalian, Huizhou, Chengdu, Wuhan. Do you agree?
Nov 1, 2007 03:31
  • JABAROOTOO
Dalian too cold in the winter
Huizhou too close to Guangzhou, Shenzhen and hot in summer
Chengdu maybe but suffers from poor visibility and air quality
Wuhan too big and too hot in the summer
Nov 1, 2007 04:56
  • JOHNNY512
Jabarootoo, it seems that you do not like those four cities listed above. Which city is your most desirable? Personally, I think that Dalian is ok because the environment there is quite clean. Wuhan is not good since it is very hot in summer.
Nov 1, 2007 11:49
  • KYLE
how about Kunming, Guilin, Shanghai, and Hangzhou
Nov 2, 2007 18:05
  • DAVEC
I can only comment on Chengdu as its the only one of the 4 I have visited.

It would get my vote as I found the city very tidy,clean,civilised and I will certainly be considering it as a place to live when I move to China.
Nov 2, 2007 20:41
  • KEVIN0518
Kunming is not a bad choice since it is called 'Spring City'. Guilin features many wonderful natural scenery. It is a good tourist destination, but I am not sure it is good or bad to live there.
Post a Reply to: Four most desirable Chinese cities to live in.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code