Menu
Sick 'humour'.
Nov 3, 2007 14:29
  • CANADAGUY
In this day and age of terrorism it is a crying shame that these
types of ads are being shown to the public.

I can only feel very sorry for the poor girl and guy who were caught in the middle of these schemes.

Some very sick minds are being rewarded at these large companies.

http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/2007_en/default.asp?id=3153
There is a video at the top right of this link.

http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/2007/
Video at top right.
Nov 4, 2007 04:53
  • TONYWALES99
I think you need to realise that what people in Europe and the USA/Canada find funny are not the same.
You only need to watch some TV comedy programmes to appreciate this.
If you want to see some really hard hitting TV adverts watch some of the ones about warning people about the dangers of drinking and driving, (e.g. in Australia) some will show the death people involved, but they do have the desired effect, and fetch home to people the dangers of such acts.
Really I dont see the connection between this advert and terrorism, after all the guy does not get hit by the bat does he?
Do you think you may be over-reacting?
Nov 4, 2007 14:51
  • CANADAGUY
>>I think you need to realise that what people in Europe and the USA/Canada find funny are not the same.<<

Apparently so.

>>Really I dont see the connection between this advert and terrorism, after all the guy does not get hit by the bat does he?
Do you think you may be over-reacting? <<

Tony, I don't think you saw the main ad I was referring to.
The first one (which is still at the site as of this post) shows a young woman sitting inside a bus shelter reading a newspaper.

Seconds later, out of the blue, glass is shattered inside the bus shelter, big holes the size of tennis balls, one after the other in rapid succession.
The woman is startled, scared and runs away.

I wrote the bit about terrorism after viewing this ad. Shortly after that, they posted the second ad with the young man.

They have since changed the ad with the man, but if you follow the first link in my initial post
you can still see the ad with the young woman.

It is in very poor taste.
Post a Reply to: Sick 'humour'.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code