Menu
Airfare this year?
Nov 5, 2007 02:02
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Hey whats up,

I was penning my itinerary for my next trip to China sometime in March when I decided to have a peek at the current rates departing SFO to Canton. My trip this last February to China, I paid 800 2 weeks before departure (Yeah, I procrastinate (working on that too)) but for this trip that I have planned for some time in March (or April), its already 1600! which is grossly ridiculous because since my team and I have not settled on a date yet, as the weeks go by, it could easily jump to 2000 per plane ticket before we get our plans set in stone.

Is anybody else having the same problem? I travel quite a lot by plane in the US and it seems that the number of flights are being cut back. Air freight fee's are also climbing as well since my company ships mainly by air as well. Does anybody know why these things are happening?

Danny
Nov 5, 2007 02:53
  • DODGER
The price of fuel keep going up mate.
Dodger.
Nov 5, 2007 03:05
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Thats quite obvious, but there has to be something else. Still paying 3.65 plus for a gallon of super unleaded.
Nov 5, 2007 04:41
  • DODGER
Then look at the peak seasons for travel then and the extra insurance costs that airlines have to bear.
Also add the extra cost of airport security that is past on to you.
Dodger.

Nov 5, 2007 08:23
  • CARLOS
By Finnair from Helsinki to Guangzhou, economy class, cheapest 789 eur, most expensive 3666 eur. Depends on time, cheapest find about in the middle of Nov, most expensive around Christmas (and many more days). So maybe, when there are not much business people (many of them travel economy class, too), prices are lower.

Carlos
Nov 5, 2007 11:56
  • JCNILE123
Dex,
What site are you looking at?
After I read your thread, I check the site I use,
I must report to you that some one wants to make big money of you.
I see tickets from SFO to CAN x under $600.00 available on March 08.
If you want I can let know about this site, in fact it is from Cali.
Send me a message.
Post a Reply to: Airfare this year?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code