Menu
Which is a better method of traveling, bus or train?
Nov 29, 2007 23:44
  • ELLYSE
And basically on the D trains no one will ever smoke. So those are the safest bets for a smoke-free train ride in China.
Nov 30, 2007 13:17
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Sorry for the ignorance but what are D trains? Are they the most luxurious or something?
Nov 30, 2007 13:18
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Thanks for the input, Canadaguy. If the situation is really that bad then I might try it once. Change maybe slow but they do change. ^_^"
Nov 30, 2007 13:21
  • CANADAGUY
Thanks for this info Ellyse!
For my trip, even though the smokers were smoking in the space between the carriages the smoke still travelled inside the carriage and was quite strong.

I will have to look into the D trains and see if I have enough courage to try travelling in a train again. :)
Dec 2, 2007 05:22
  • ELLYSE
D trains are the fastest and most luxurious trains in China currently. Maximum speed was about 170 km/h. I just went to Hangzhou yesterday on those and they were definitely very smoke-free.
Dec 2, 2007 05:55
  • APAULT
Yes, the staff enforce non-smoking AND don't smoke themselves! They are excellent trains and you are given priority treatment from booking onwards.
Dec 24, 2007 21:50
  • BILLYBAXTER
I agree with Ellyse ..the difference between smoking on trains and buses is an order of magnitude. If you are on a soft or hard sleeper the people in your compartment will be from the middle/upper classes. They may be smokers but they will understand you if you tell them to stop. This can be done on a rural bus but many hundreds of passengers will come and go on an average journey so it becomes tedious.
Dec 31, 2007 06:44
GUESTZISA Hi there!

We are planning to go to Hangzhou tomorrow. We are in Wuxi now. What is the best way to go to Hangzhou? People I have asked told me to take the bus, they say it is only 2 1/2 hours travel... I checked the train schedule and it takes 3 1/2 hours.

What do you suggest? I would greatly appreciate your help.

Please email me at yahoo.com|zisav

Thanks.
zisa
Jan 4, 2008 22:00
GUESTTRAVELER Is there much to see on the train ride from Beijing to Xi'an? Would it be recommended to take an overnight train one direction and a train during the day for the other direction? I'd like to see China by train if it is worth seeing... Please advise. Thanks!
Jun 7, 2008 21:43
GUEST56215 Hello, I plan to travel July 2009. One adult and 3 children so I am interested in train travel to save $. I will be in Beijing and plan to go to Xi'an and Zhengzhou...is there a fast train to both of those cities from Beijing? I don't know which would be better to go to first from Beijing.....Xi'an or Zhengzhou???? . Thanks for your help in advance
Terry/NYC
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Which is a better method of traveling, bus or train?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code