Menu
How to dispel the effects of alcohol?
Nov 5, 2007 22:05
  • KATRINA
Hey, guys, what will you eat or drink to dispel the effects of alcohol if you are drunk? I hear that strong tea could help you sober up if you are drunk. Here are some vegetables and food that can help you sober up. Just have a try. If you have some effective ways to dispel the effects of alcohol, please share with us.

No.1 cabbage. Cut the cabbage stem into pieces, add some sugar and vinegar and pickle it for ten minutes. And then have it.

No.2 pear. Squeeze two or three pears and drhink the juice.

No.3 celery. Drink some celery juice that can ease the headache and your blushed face.

No.4 Milk. Mik can protect your stomach from hurting by the alcohol.

No.5 Strong rice water.

No.6 ginger. Putting a small piece of ginger in your mouth can prevent you vomitting.

No.7 Bean curd. Have some bean curd while drinking. Bean curd contains a special amino acid that can detoxify ethanol's poison.
Nov 6, 2007 02:17
  • DREAMLIFE
Luckily, I do not need those food and vegetables because I do not drink. For those alcoholics, it is worth a try.
Nov 6, 2007 06:34
I used to have a sandwich and a pint of water before going to bed and I would wake up the next morning feeling quite good.
Not that I need to do this very much these days.
Alan.
Nov 12, 2007 07:22
GUEST11326 Have one or two drinks with ginger ale or ginger-lime cordial, seems to keep hangover at bay the next day and reduces the nauseous after-effect of a night's binge. At least for me.
Nov 25, 2007 22:50
  • BLUEYANKEE44
Drive your friend home,or have some'one drive you home.
Actually,dont even drink. hehehehe!!
Nov 26, 2007 17:24
  • DAVEC
I am allergic to alcohol, any remedies for that? cos then I can at least try to get drunk without killing myself.
Dec 1, 2007 01:12
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Horchata!
Dec 6, 2007 19:42
  • ICEBERG
Quote: I am allergic to alcohol, any remedies for that? cos then I can at least try to get drunk without killing myself.

Dave, just keep away from alcohol and do not risk your life to get drunk. I see that you are joking, right?
Dec 9, 2007 01:17
  • STELLA8455
In Korea, we have a strong dispelling alcohol food, that is bean sprouts soup. Every morning after drinking, we eat bean sprouts soup. It has an amazing power. Just try it! :)
Dec 9, 2007 01:30
  • JCNILE123
Drink with moderation, eat something before you go to bed and a glass of milk; everything will be ok tomorrow.
jcl.
Dec 9, 2007 07:22
  • APAULT
There is nothing you can do to reduce the effects of the alcohol itself, but you can perhaps reduce some of the symptoms such as headache or sickness. So you certainly cannot do anything to help you get below the legal driving limit.

How much you can drink depends on several factors. The most important is how well your body produces the enzymes which break down the alcohol. If the alcohol is not broken down it all goes to the brain and you quickly become drunk. It is a fact that many Asians do not produce this well (my guess is that alcohol has not been a big thing in most Asian societies so there has been no natural selection to achieve this). Anyone who finds they get red faced or gets dizzy quickly after drinking alcohol should either drink none or very little.

Otherwise how much you can drink, ie how well you break down the alcohol, is dependent on body size, gender, and drinking experience. A bigger body handles a little more, and it seems a thin muscular person metabolises better than a fat person. Most definitely, women metabolise much slower than men and should drink much less. Finally, the experienced drinker's liver is able to metabolise alcohol quicker UNTIL the liver becomes damaged when it loses its ability.

If you eat food before or while drinking you can slow the speed at which the alcohol is absorbed - a bit! What you should do for a hangover I have forgotton: I am a regualr drinker but I learnt that hangovers are not fun, so I very rarely drink heavily at one time. But I do remember in Britain I was brought up on the idea of 'the hair of the dog'....that is you have some more of what bit you - a small drink of alcohol. I can't remember if it worked or not!
Post a Reply to: How to dispel the effects of alcohol?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code