Menu
Visitin China - want to have suggestions for having good food
Nov 13, 2007 11:39
  • ELLYSE
Hamson obviously didn't notice that the original traveller asking for food recommendations is mainly a VEGETARIAN. I haven't seen any vegetarians who would be keen or happy to eat rat or dog. This is totally out of line.
Nov 14, 2007 03:20
GUEST19461 ^^treat yourself. Have a beer fish while your at it, dont worry theres only a fwe bones, promise!
Nov 15, 2007 08:12
  • SUSAN205060
we will simply recommend you to try peanut with Chicken & pepple, it is very common and famous dishes in China. We think you may like it.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(Chian Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Nov 15, 2007 10:15
  • ELLYSE
What's the point of coming to China only to eat kung pow chicken?
Nov 15, 2007 10:34
Thanks ELLYSE for understanding my requirement perfectly. I would like to eat non veg dishes but it may not happen that unknowingly I may order something which I may regret. That is why I am asking so many questions about names of the dishes. As while in India I used to like chinese food very much, mostly menderin chinese.So when I am getting a chance to visit China I would like to taste some Chinese dishes. I don't want to eat Indian food in China.
Nov 15, 2007 22:29
  • ELLYSE
There's no such thing as "Mandarin Chinese" re cuisine, only when you're talking about language.
Another thing that you might like to try would be spicy chicken chunks (with bones, be careful) with lots of chilli in the dish = la zi ji.
Nov 17, 2007 21:49
  • BILLYBAXTER
I have travelled in India and eaten lots of spicy food there but that spicy stuff in Sichuan is like nothing else I have ever tasted. I can't imagine an Indian would like eating that spicy pepper that anesthetises your tongue. We had to ask the resturants to tone down the oil, spice and salts. You can imagine how that was interpretated. On the other hand eating is so much fun in China. You eat in a different place each night, the menu is always a lottery unless it is in English. In general look for a place full of merriment and packed to the gills ...they are cheap and good. Order lots of beer and as they say in Yorkshire "get it down your fat neck"!

Nov 20, 2007 09:05
GUEST11249 there are eight cuisines in china. the famous cuisines are zhe jiang cuisine and jiang sui cuisine in the the place where you will go. you can go to those restaurants which have many delious vegetables and seafood. i like xiang cuisines best, every dish of which is full of chilli, i recommend you to try " ba lai jiao chao ji zhen" ( the stomach of chicken with white pepper)and " duo jiao yu tou"(the head of fish with acid pepper)
Nov 21, 2007 09:29
  • BETWEENUS21
its also best to also bring along some anti-diarrhoea pills
Dec 19, 2007 10:43
Dear Friend,
I have come back from China after visiting Guangzhou & Ningbo. I have realised that how inappropriate it was to ask you about what dishes I should eat while in China. Thanks to all of you for replyng me. I enjoyed the food very much. With the dishes kept before you for choice & having a very good host in China choosing food was much easier for me. I ate many type of dishes spicy as well as non spicy. Specifically I would like to tell SUSEN & ELLYS that I did enjoyed kung pow chicken at the restaurent of the Hotel in which I stayed ( Motel 268 ) at Ningbo. I also had the priviledge to Dine at the biggest restaurent of Ningbo which is five story ( I don't remember the name ). In Guangzhou I ate at Hotel Novotel Baiyun. I had the priviledge to stay at Executive Room at the hotel. And in the end I would like to mention the name of many many KFC joints in Ningbo where I cherished Chicken Burgers.
Altogather the visit was very very good & on the last day I visited Asoka Temple.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visitin China - want to have suggestions for having good food
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code