Menu
Obtaining F visa and renting flat
Nov 10, 2007 07:09
  • JYFCHINA
I am currently studying in China on a student visa and looking to stay after my studies to investigate business opportunites in China.

Could anyone help with 2 questions:
- How can you get a visa for the purpose of investigation. I would not partner or work with a Chinese company to invite me. Is there another way?
- I would want to rent an apartment in Shanghai. What visa types is this possible with. I know it is OK with a student visa but with F, or even L?

Many thanks.
Nov 12, 2007 08:58
  • APAULT
From my expereince you must get an invitation. Some visa agents might inlcude this in their service. It is also usually said that you need to partner up with a local to start a business here.

There is nothing stopping you renting on any visa, but it is generally said that most owners want a 6 month commitment.
Nov 12, 2007 09:05
  • JABAROOTOO
A friend of mine just went to HK and came back with a six month F visa. He showed a letter on invitation but they were not interested in seeing it.

I was also going to be issued an F visa until I showed them me letter of invitation and explained that I required a Z visa.

Not sure about renting a flat but I think you should be OK with an F visa since it implies you are here on business.

Good luck
Apr 10, 2008 01:02
GUEST32237 Hi,
i live in china,and just recently foreigners got ejected from their apartments because they had L visas.
The police said foreigners cant rent aparment on tourist visas.
I really dont know about F visas(Business)i have a multiple F visa and living and doing business in shenzhen.
I wonder if I'm allowed to rent an apartment in china on my F visa.
If anyone can advice me i'd appreciate that.
thanks.
Ishmael Philemon Ackon
Apr 24, 2008 10:17
GUESTORI Hi,

I've been renting an apartment in Shenzhen with an F visa for nearly a year (since June 2007) with no problems.
Post a Reply to: Obtaining F visa and renting flat
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code