Menu
Single airline tickets
Nov 10, 2007 10:50
  • APAULT
has check-in at an airport ever refusded to let you fly to China because you have a single (one way) ticket?

Airlines are paranoid about having passengers declined entry to a country as they are penalised and have to take the passenger back to the departure airport. On one occasion the check-in operator pondered long and hard about whether I should be allowed to travel on a single ticket. I had a residents permit in my passport which allows unlimited exit and re-entry within its time valididty. Even so, China has no policy of requiring travellers have a ticket that will take them away.

Nov 11, 2007 01:47
  • CARLOS
I have no experience about that, nor have I heard it happened to anyone.
I have checked ticket prices last times, because my lao po will need only one way ticket. Found out that two way ticket is only a little more expensive. It is obvious because often return seat is empty.

Carlos
Nov 12, 2007 09:01
  • JABAROOTOO
No Paul,
I came back last year with a one way ticket. Never heard of it being an issue here. Landing in Guangzhou. Just so long as you have a valid visa.
Nov 12, 2007 09:28
  • APAULT
Thanks. Seems not a big risk then, but this situation arose for me when returning from the UK a year ago. (I know Aus has (or had?) such a requirement.
Post a Reply to: Single airline tickets
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code