Menu
What nice in Harbin?
Nov 21, 2007 00:00
  • LEMONCACTUS
Felice821.

What Ellyse says is right. This is really serious, the temperature will be extremely cold, probably between -10 and -30. It might even be colder than this. You need thermal underwear, jumpers, a winter coat, hat, gloves, scarf etc.

Don't let this put you off. Harbin is worth being cold for, but you really MUST be prepared.
Nov 25, 2007 05:00
  • FELICE821
Lemoncactus : Ya, agreed with that. But to get those winter apparel at our country is like 300-500% more expensive than buy locally in china. Thats why thought only winter jacket, sweater, hat and glove is that enough to depart... and the rest like thermal and other buy it locally at china.
Nov 25, 2007 05:13
  • FELICE821
Both of us going there. Can you guys recommend some budget hotel. As we plan to stay for 6D5N.

Our budget included air ticket from Malaysia to Harbin return.. will be around 10,000rmb. so the hotel room can be around 100-150rmb per room per night.
Nov 25, 2007 07:45
  • ELLYSE
Sorry, that's too low for a hotel that's located close to where most of the sightseeing would be. I couldn't find any decent ones for lower than 300 RMB/night even. And though some of the hotels near the train station are cheaper, that's not a good place to stay.
If you're not picky about location, try to see if someone on CouchSurfing (http://www.couchsurfing.com) will offer you a place to stay for free.
Nov 25, 2007 20:27
  • FELICE821
Ellyse : Thanks for your info.

Btw, as i surf over the net, i found that there are cheap stay at Harbin Institute of Technology Foreign Students Dorm 6, 5 Gongjian Street, Nangang District, HIT Campus. Any idea about this??? If yes, how do i contact them?
Nov 26, 2007 12:04
  • ELLYSE
Well a lot of universities have such "cheap" accommodation available. Problem being that universities usually aren't centrally-located. What you save on money you'll spend on travel time.
Sorry, no contact for them. I'm not a telephone directory for China!
Dec 18, 2007 06:41
GUEST87233 Hello everybody,
I'm planning on coming to Harbin end of January.
Was wondering if you can give me any good advise on two questions:
1. How long should I stay? is 3 days too long?
2. I read some horrible reviews about accommodation, I'm on a budget and am a bit lost with the hotel/hostel I should go to :(
Would be great if you can help me!
Thank you so much in advance!
Anja
Dec 20, 2007 21:43
  • ELLYSE
1) 3 days is fine.
2) The IYH in Harbin is relatively cheap, but not well-located for sightseeing. Expand your budget a little and stay somewhere near Zhongyang Dajie.
Look on my VirtualTourist Harbin travel page for more information: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1d57/f8323/
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What nice in Harbin?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code