Menu
English speaking kindergarten
Nov 14, 2007 18:53
  • MELLOWFLYER
Hello! My family and myself may be moving to Xian next year.

I have a son that will be four years old this coming february.
Are there english or bilingual elementary schools in Xiang?

Best regards
Nov 15, 2007 23:34
Hello,

I recently moved my family to Xian from the states. I checked out my nearby preschool and it was 890 yuan ($120.usd) for one child to go full time 8-6. 500 yuan for part time. I didn't see any western children but they did have some english speaking teachers. I decided to go with a nanny/housekeeper instead which is costing me $200.usd a month. She speaks basic english and is teaching the kids basic chinese.
I have a 3 and a 4 year old and this is working out pretty well for us. She even cooks great food. If you need help finding an apartment I have the perfect chinese english speaking guy for you. Let me know if you need him.

A.J.
Nov 20, 2007 10:28
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi
I'm a native English speaker teaching in a kindergarten and I know that many kindergartens in large cities, Xian being one of them are employing English speaking Chinese teachers and some even employ ESL teachers.

We have a three year old from Australia with us and another whose dad is German but married to a Chinese lady. One other little boy speaks three languages including English well. Fees are around Y1000 per month all day including meals.

So look around for something that has 'International' or 'Experimental' in it's name and go in and meet the teachers.

Otherwise engage a housekeeper but finding one who speaks a little English may not be so easy. Your kids will pick Chinese up very quickly.

I know another couple from Africa, speaking French and English at home but both their children are now in Chinese schools, one kindergarten and the older is in Elementary.
Dec 1, 2007 23:54
  • MELLOWFLYER
Thanks to both of you for your prompt answers.
I was away for a while and didn't check my e-mail... When i know the date of our arrival I will get in touch with both of you.

Best regards!
Jan 27, 2008 03:53
GUEST23169 hello everyone ..... im frm australia staying in Tianjin .... I have been teaching english to small childen for 90$ every month. We have classes everyday for 3 hours. We are providing a good atmosphere for the children so that they can grasp they knowledge efficiently.
Post a Reply to: English speaking kindergarten
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code