Menu
avoid tourist traps in Huangshan
Aug 5, 2009 09:59
GUESTDSB Hi, I'd be flying in from Hangzhou Airport (HGH). How do I get to the base of Huangshan? Do I need to transfer to Hangzhou city before taking a bus? If I were to take a taxi, how long will the journey be and how much will it cost?

Thanks!
Aug 6, 2009 04:07
  • ELLYSE
Yes, you'll need to go to Hangzhou West long-distance bus station in order to take a bus to Huangshan.
There're buses to Taiping and Tangkou, but personally I'd just get a bus to Tunxi and then connect to another of those buses to Taiping or Tangkou -- plenty of them, don't worry.
Taxi for? I hope you don't mean all the way to Huangshan?!
Please reply to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" in the subject line, thanks.
Oct 13, 2010 17:53
GUEST14047 Hello,

My husband and I will be in Huangshan this November. I planned our trip to Huangshan after researched the forums for 2 days. Please review my plan and give me your recommendation of changes. We have never been to Huangshan, therefore, your advise is very important to us. Besides the suggestion for my plan below, I have a question regarding to our luggage up to Baiyun hotel. Do we allow to bring our 2 luggage (one for each of us) in to the cable car? Will there any hike before reaching the hotel after the drop off from cable car. We cannot eliminate our clothing any smaller, because we travel for 15 days.

Itinerary

Nov. 1: Leaving Shanghai from Shanghai South Long-distance Bus Station, to Tunxi by bus, 0628, arrive around 1300

*connect to a bus to Taiping (north foot of the mountain, much less crowded.

*taxi to Taiping cable car station
*ascend via Taiping cable car, check in, then hike West Sea Canyon. (you think we will be too tire to hike after the long trip)

*direction of Paiyunting -- Baiyun Hotel

Nov 2: *see sunrise, descend on foot via Western

* Stay overnight in Hongcun, (will Xidi closer) (please suggest 3-4 stars hotel in this area.)

Nov 3: Tour around Hongcun and Xidi

evening bus to Hangzhou (when should I purchase the bus tickets)
Aug 22, 2011 07:55
GUESTALLAN H We are planning a trip to Huang Shan ( Yellow Mountain) from Shanghai over the Moon Festival weekend 2011 as we will both have monday off work. We plan to catch the train (soft sleeper) from Shanghai at 9 pm arriving at 9 am. Out idea is to travel very very light one back pack between us. Our plan is to go straight to the summit area via Cable car and stay overnight in a very nice hotel with modern facilities. Which route would you recommend and which hotel on the summit?
We will fly back to Shanghai Monday afternoon /early evening. What would your recomendation be for Sunday and Monday? Hot Springs sound appealing but I notice you do not recommend???

Allan from Australia (ps . two years ago we stayed at the top of Mt Emei at the hotel there only one word .. shocking... wet floors in our room, damp walls and hardly any food available in winter. Beautiful scenery made up for the unpleasent stay and subsequent flu...
Aug 22, 2011 21:03
  • BL2022
I think you can stay at Baiyun hotel (http://www.hsbyhotel.com/english/about.asp ). You can take the Yuping Cable car from Ciyun Pavilion to Yuping Pavilion and then walk to the hotel (2-3 hours). But the accommodation fee will be much more expensive during festival and at weekend. Also, you need the book early, for the rooms are in short suppy in those days.

On the second day, you may go to Bright Summit to appreciate sunrise and then tour other nearby sites or have a hike in the West Sea Grand Canyon (5 hours). After, take Yungu cable down the mountain.

The most famous hot springs of Mt. Huangshan are at its foot, Tangkou. So you can go to enjoy it after getting down from the mountain, like in the snowy Hot Spring (飘雪温泉) or Drunk Spring (醉温泉). You may stay overnight there or head for the downtown Huangshan where the accommodation is cheaper.

On the third, you can tour the Tunxi Old Street or go further to visit the Xidi or Hongcun village.

You can also take a bus from Huangshan Tunxi Bus Station back to Shanghai , about 6.5 -7 hours.
Mar 11, 2012 05:50
  • CSONG23
From Hangzhou, we intend to visit Yellow Mt, Which would better, Stay in Tunxi or Tangkou? Any advice would be appreciated. TQ
Mar 13, 2012 02:25
GUEST4522
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSONG23

From Hangzhou, we intend to visit Yellow Mt, Which would better, Stay in Tunxi or Tangkou? Any advice would be appreciated. TQ

Both are ok. Tangkou is very much closer to Yellow Mountain than Tunxi. But there are public buses between Tunxi and Tangkou. It's up to you.
Jul 12, 2012 06:22
GUESTIKUR Hi,

we are a group of 4 people who have booked a room at Baiyun Hotel.

We are going to leave from Hangzhou to Tangkou by bus in the morning, then leave de luggage at the bus station (I think it's possible), but then we don't know exactly how to reach to the Mountain direction to our hotel.

Can anyone provide any clue? What cable car take? What routes can we do there?

Thanks a lot.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: avoid tourist traps in Huangshan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code