Menu
Need advise travelling in Beijing
Nov 19, 2007 22:29
  • BOUNCER
Hello, I'm planning a short holiday in Beijing and need advise to get around to the popular places. I like to travel in public transport. please let me know if there is a Tube train or Bus to travel to the Great wall and ming tombs etc.. I will be traveling in December, what are the best places to visit. Please advise
Nov 20, 2007 07:06
  • ELLYSE
Bus yes. Train or subway no. Have you an idea of how far these places are from downtown Beijing?
Nov 20, 2007 22:04
GUEST11267 Thanks a lot for that info. I really thought Subway Trains were a convinient way to reach these plases. Do you recomend traveling by bus? I actually prefer travelling this way rather than a guide! do you have any better sugessions? please advise if you do. thanks so much
Nov 20, 2007 23:17
  • BOUNCER
Thanks a lot for that info. I really thought Subway Trains were a convinient way to reach these plases. Do you recomend traveling by bus? I actually prefer travelling this way rather than a guide! do you have any better sugessions? please advise if you do. thanks so much
Nov 21, 2007 04:26
  • ELLYSE
Bus is fine.
Subway is fine for travelling within downtown Beijing. But have you noticed how far these places are from downtown Beijing? I'm sorry but you sound terribly misinformed or ignorant if you thought the subway system would be a good way to reach the Great Wall and Ming Tombs.
Beijing metro official website: http://www.bjsubway.com/ens/index.html
Nov 21, 2007 06:39
  • CALIFORNIA
To Badaling Great Wall,you can take NO.919 from De Sheng Men.
Nov 21, 2007 06:49
GUEST15189 BOUNCER is not Beijinger and don't live in Beijing longer.
He must be confused the http://www.bjsubway.com/ens/index.html .
You had better tell him how go to the best places taking the subwaythe or bus in Beijing.
Nov 21, 2007 07:34
  • BOUNCER
Thankyou so much for the information, as I dont speak chinese do you think I will be able to identify the correct stops once I get on the bus ? since I have not traveled in Beijing before, appreciate any sugestions please !
Nov 21, 2007 07:40
  • ELLYSE
I would think the Great Wall is pretty unmistakable...?!
Nov 21, 2007 07:52
  • BOUNCER
noted !! thanks, can please sugest any hotels that are close by to this main bus stations or are these busses reachable at any place within the city of beijing !
Nov 21, 2007 08:01
  • JOEZHOU
Hello BOUNCE
There are four ways go to the Badaling Great Wall
1.Taking by the bus No 919 from Beijing City to Yanqing County at Deshengmen Long Bus Station lasting about 2 hour one way. The Price is RMB 12/person. This is the cheapest way. But it is difficult go to the Ming Tombs one day.
2.Taking the Sightseeing-bus at Tiananmen Square. The price is RMB 160/person including transportation, lunch (you must tell guide you are vegetarian in advance or you take some food) and ticket of Great Wall and Ming Tombs. This is Trusty way. But I am not sure if there is English tour-guide and shopping on the way.
3.Local travel agencies organize the one-day trip to Great Wall and Ming Tombs and must be shopping at least one time on the way. Some have trap. So please think about it cautiously. Different travel agency has different quotation.
4.Renting a car or taking taxi with English tour-guide is an expensive one day trip. The price may be at least RMB 800 including car and guide.
If only one traveler, I suggest to consider the NO TWO way to go.
In winter you must feel extreme cold on Great Wall. So be careful.
Get more information please mail gmail.com|travelingislife
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Need advise travelling in Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code