Menu
Need advise travelling in Beijing
Feb 14, 2008 13:33
  • BEIJINGER
For visiting the Great Wall, you could take the shuttle bus on the western side of Tian Anmen Square(towards Xi Dan Direction). They organize reasonable tours to Ming Tomb and Ba Daling together for 1-day trip including a Chinese lunch. Don't take any buses that try to persuade you to go anywhere, 'cause they might be illegal. There are a lot of places to visit inside the city as well, such as the Summer Palace, the Forbidden City, Be Hai Park, Hou Hai(where you can see the most traditional lifestyle of beijing people), Jing Shan Park (where you can overview almost the whole Forbidden City), Yuan Ming Yuan. Most of them can be reached by subway or buses, except the Summer Palace and Yuan Ming Yuan. You can check out hotels from the website www.booking.com. There are tons of choices. Travelling alone is fun and challenging, but you can always find people helping you out.
Feb 17, 2008 22:21
  • CHERI
hi, Linda,

In March, Beijing, Xian are warm but it is windy, you only need wear two thin clothes, but in the morning and night, the climate still a little cold.
Feb 24, 2008 02:48
  • ELLYSE
I don't profess to be an expert on Beijing geography, but those questions were quite under-informed. I don't even live in Beijing, but those answers would've been answered by reading guidebooks or online.
Linda: I don't know what you would deem "really cold". That's a relative concept. Look on http://www.wunderground.com/global/CI.html for weather information.
There're lots of souvenir stalls outside the various sections of Great Wall eg Mutianyu, but I wouldn't want to shop at those places. Too touristy and overpriced.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Need advise travelling in Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code