Menu
Would you love to join in my vacation??
Nov 21, 2007 05:09
  • MICECHOW
Make friends with you?

How time flies...the Chinese New Year will come soon..Have you ever thought that change another way to enjoy the New Year vacation?? Now,there's a good chance to let you learn more about the custom of the Chinese.And if you have tired of man make views.why not have a try to enjoy the picturesque scenery to the country?? I make sure that you'll enjoy that.

Maybe just a few days,but I'll try to help you know as many as I can about the custom. Maybe my English is not so good, and I'll try my best,trust me...Come to my hometown, naturally I'll offer the place for you to live --the place is my home, wow~~~My parents are kindly and friendly, and my brothers,too. Eat,live and play together!! I promise you,you'll enjoy this journey, and it will be memorable!!

Purpose:
(1) Make our foreign friends know more about China,learn more about the country's life,and the custom of China.
(2) Wish that I can make some friends from oversea, not for money, not for funny, just for happy ,and enpressment.
(3) Expect this New Year will be more meaningful,and some thing different. Also,I wish that you can hava a happy and
memorable vacation ,too.
(4) With your camera, take the scenery of natural out of the mountainous.

Individual Introduction:
Chinese Name:周国成(Zhou Guocheng) English Name:Micechow
Birth:5-1-1985 Stature:171cm
Now:Study in the GuangDong University of Business Studies(http://www.gdcc.edu.cn)
Address:GuangZhou HaiZhu ChiSha road No.21 Postalcode:510320

Find More About me:
My Blog: http://micechow.blogcn.com
My Qzone: http://user.qzone.qq.com/284620401
My Music Blog: http://3973356.163888.net/

Contact Me:
E-mail: 163.com|micechou
QQ : 284620401
MSN : hotmail.com|micechow111
Tel : 13570594126

If you are intrested in it,please contact me as soon as possible.Because we need to know each other well enough.And I think that you must want to know more details about the vacation.Such as the place you'll live, the scenery you'll see,and so on......

PS: I promise you all of the above are true!!! If you want to know more...please contact me~~~~

Waiting for you~~~~To make the life more colorful and more enjoyful,with you~~~

Nov 22, 2007 04:06
  • MICECHOW
no one??
Nov 24, 2007 20:46
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Well, you have to be patient since you have a very limited "qualification." Perhaps not many people are planning on going to GuangZhou especially on New Years, which is winter if you are talking about January. I'm not sure when is Chinese New Year though. Also, please understand that most foreigners will not jump on your offer, at least not right away, especially those who are well-read and have traveled to China before. A lot of us have been "burned" or have had bad experiences. Nevertheless, we love China and try to learn from our mistakes.
Nov 25, 2007 03:27
GUEST61020 oh ,my god~~~~do you mean that I am a bad man??
I am very sorry to hear that......I am not a tricker...
Why~~~~
Maybe there are too many trickers in the world, and, OK,,,,
thanks for your reply, let me know so much....and thanks for your love to China~~~~
Best wishes...!!

-----------micechow
Nov 25, 2007 07:51
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I'm sure you are a good man but people do not know that. We are not psychics. We cannot read minds. Yes, we've been tricked when we were in China but that doesn't mean we think everyone are like that. We are just being cautious. My post was not meant to offend you but offer you insights into how travelers usually think.

Goodluck!
Nov 25, 2007 08:38
GUEST61020 First of all , thank you very much.Maybe I was not thinking it over enough.ya`~~~
I am comforted by your words, everyone will not take he's journey as a risk-----especial like a place he haven't known at all...
OK,maybe this invite should not being shown here (through the internet).
And, I apologize for this thing , and say sorry to you~~Shesgottobe~~~
You let me konw more~~~thank you very much again!!

Sincerely,Best wishes!
--------Micechow
Nov 25, 2007 19:23
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Hey, no apologies needed. You didn't do anything wrong. I think you are very sincere in your offer so I know you are bound to find friends here. If I am going to GuangZhou, who knows I might contact you but no plans as of now. China is so big that there is so much to see!
Nov 25, 2007 20:27
  • MICECHOW
Yes~China is so big,and is so much to see!
And if you came to Guangzhou, there must be somewhere you shouldn't miss~~~maybe I can be your dragoman then,if you don't mind~~~hehe....

By the way,you said" A lot of us have been "burned" or have had bad experiences. Nevertheless, we love China and try to learn from our mistakes. "
Could you give me some examples,please? I just want to know more about that, and I do know that life is not easy to anyone....
thank you!
Nov 26, 2007 18:09
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I think you should read this thread:

http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?i=36850

It's about the tourist traps us travelers encounter while in China. I intend to post there, just never had the chance yet.

Personally, I haven't had any bad experience with tourist guides since I travel alone. I refuse to join tour groups because I want to explore at my own pace, on my own time. I also don't want to be limited on what can I see or where can I go. I don't wanna be dragged into some factory and be pressured to buy stuff I don't really intend to buy. I'm the kind who if I love the place, I would keep coming back to it. This is why I want to go back to China.

My bad experience was with taxi drivers when I was in Beijing. I was so naive to hail a "taxi" in front of the Summer Palace. The driver charged me 150 yuan from Summer Palace to Peking University because he said there's a heavy traffic. Not only that, when I gave him the 150 yuan, he switched my two real 100 yuan with two fake 100 yuan. Again, I was so naive. He said that the first 100 yuan has a tear on the middle. Well, I don't remember it having a tear but then I never memorize how the money I have in possession looks like. The second one he said has a tear on the side. The only time I learned that I had fake 100 yuan was when I tried to exchange them at the bank because of the tear. The bank confiscated them from me. Bottomline, I actually lost 350 yuan on that very short trip. 350 yuan is not much. I guess losing the money is tough but the feeling that you have been fooled/cheated on is even worse. These are some of the reasons why it is hard for us to trust. I hate to think what would happen in the Olympics.

Some other taxi drivers charged me 30 yuan for a trip that would only cost 11 yuan had they used the taxi meter.

An Iranian tourist I know was charged 800 yuan from the airport to his hotel in Beijing.

Nov 26, 2007 19:48
  • LILYSPRING88

Dear Shesgottobe,

I am really much impressed by what you say. To say angry is really not enough. I am sad really

for the Chinese. You know, as I chinese, I have even cheated by the compatriot. When in college, i

want to find a part-time job from a middle man, but cheated for several hundreds and i am very sad

also.

But now i have wrok experience, i think much and then people will not easily cheat me. As a

chinese, i am really ashamed and they really destroy Chinese fame. However, i think that there are

tricker in every country, more or less. You foreigners should not get disappointed about China. Just

one taxi driver cheat you.

I want to give you some suggestion,

1 Take some changes with you and it is better not to give them One Hundred, then they will have no

chance to change it and give you a false one.

2. Generally, the drivers don't receive much education. People (just some) with little education more

easily to cheat people and even steal. However, like the Micechow, who receive the College education

and can speak good english are more elegant, kind and friendly. They will not destroy chinese fame.

3. If possible, when you come, find one reliable tour guide, who can handle with Chinese, solve the

language barrier, save money, familiar with the cities, etc, though should have extra expense, but

much reassuring and safe.

Really wish you a happy and rememberable journey to China next.

Jo qiao

Shanghai, China

Nov 27, 2007 00:25
  • MICECHOW
Oh ,my god~I really sorry to hear that!~it looks as if just unbelivable.maybe I even much naive than you.That's really not a good experience, I hope that wouldnot dislike Chinese people or this country,and like the LILYSPRI... said, let's look down on those men.....If I am the God, I am sure I'll punish them, till they are crying and swear won't do it again! !

And, I think LILYSPRL's words quite right. when we are going to a place for vacation,we have better know as many as we can about the details, what we will be facing in the vacation.Of course , not anything can be taken into account, no matter how carefulness you are! I mean ,just do more preparation~~~

Thank you , LILYSPRI...and, as Chinese we are, let's try our best to make our country much nice and sweet~~~I hope all the Chinese people can be more friendly and kindly to the oversea friends!!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Would you love to join in my vacation??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code