Menu
Happy Thanksgiving
Nov 22, 2007 01:08
  • SUNNYDREAM
Hi all,

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, some of you do not celebrate Thanksgiving Day, don't you? It is said that Thanksgiving Day is only observed in US and Canada. In Canada, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the second Monday in October. In the United States, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the 4th Thursday of November, which this year (2007) is November 22nd.

Anyhow,
Thanksgiving is all about reunion, love, and sharing and giving thanks for our blessings. Strengthen the ties that bind you and your family and loved ones together !

Giving thanks to all! I smell the fragrance of turkey. Hehe. I wish I can board on Mayflower. LOL!
Nov 22, 2007 03:29
  • LEONARDO
Give me the end of the year an' its fun When most of the plannin' an' toilin' is done;

Bring all the wanderers home to the nest, Let me sit down with the ones I love best,

Hear the old voices still ringin' with song, See the old faces unblemished by wrong,

See the old table with all of its chairs An' I'll put soul in my Thanksgivin' prayers.

-Edgar A. Guest

It's a time for sharing and spreading happiness with all those we love.

Giving thanks to all!

Nov 22, 2007 03:36
  • LEONARDO
Sorry, the words on the picture are not clearly.Here they are:

Thank you for the world so sweet
Thank you for the food we eat
Thank you for the birds that sing
Thank you God for everything

Nov 22, 2007 04:43
No we don't in the UK, I did get my Thanksgiving wishes from my first Chinese girlfriend Nina today, which was nice and shows she cares about me.
Nina now lives in the US and she will be back in China in January in time for my wedding.
So I would like to wish all my friends here Happy Thanksgiving.
Alan.
Nov 22, 2007 08:36
  • JCNILE123
Sunnydream, yes and thank you.

It is so nice of you to mention it, and yes, it is a very important celebration in the USA.
WE thank GOD form heavens for everything, celebrate the success of the USA, and give thanks to HIM, THE CREATOR, for the blessings and abundances that HE gives us in this blessed land of ours, Called the USA.
America continues to be a Judeo-Christian nation in a predominant way, join by many others non-christian groups together, us the people of the USA thank GOD in this dedicated day.

Sunnydream, Thank you again!
Nov 22, 2007 08:43
  • JCNILE123
I am very happy to see that it is notice in a far away country name China.

The world around it is welcome to join, celebrate, and offer special thanks to GOD in this special day.
Peace and love be with all of you!
Nov 22, 2007 15:37
  • GRIZ326

It is the only important holiday for me - my favorite!

Nov 22, 2007 20:45
  • ICEBLUE
Hi Sunny,

I give my thanks to you! Thank you for reminding us the festival. We should keep a heart of gratitude.
The above 4 lines were well said:

Thank you for the world so sweet
Thank you for the food we eat
Thank you for the birds that sing
Thank you God for everything

Post a Reply to: Happy Thanksgiving
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code