Menu
Lugu Lake in January
Nov 23, 2007 23:11
  • ELLYSE
1) What does Lugu Lake look like in January? Looking for opinions from people who've been there... either in January or any other time of the year, actually.
2) Is the journey from/to Lijiang still 10 hours by bus each way? Apart from Lijiang, will Lugu Lake or Ninglang have bus connections to anywhere else, eg Dali or Kunming?
3) We're planning to stay at Old Xie's IYH in Lige village. Would welcome reviews, or other recommendations for accommodation. Or, is it better to stay at Luoshui, or somewhere else?
4) How cold would it get? We're not ultra-afraid of being cold, what clothes should we be wearing?
Jan 7, 2008 23:35
  • MONGOL
I was in lugu lake last year in early feb, its not that cold during the day, but you might need a winter jacket, bc the morning and nights can get chilly. i couldnt find a bus from kunming direct to lugu lake, so i had to go to lijiang first, it took about 7 hours, including a stop for lunch. and from lugu lake, i think the bus only goes to xichang in sichuan. all the places to stay at Lige are great, didnt remember which one i stayed at but mine was like 40 or 50 yuan, cant remember, it had bed, and washroom, hot water too. lugu lake definitely great place, however its quickly becoming too touristy and some mosu people will exaggerate aspects of their culture (i.e. walking marriages) to entertain tourist, but definitely worth the trip.
Jan 8, 2008 01:25
  • ELLYSE
Thanks for the information. :) Unfortunately we've already decided to skip Lugu Lake, as adding it into the itinerary would've entailed extra expenses of about 1000 RMB overall!
Mar 4, 2008 01:46
GUEST45592 I 've just heard of a route goto Lugu Lake from Dequin and this route is one of the most attractive route of Yunnan, is that right? if right, please give me some information. (my English is quite bad)
Thank you very much.
Mar 4, 2008 02:11
  • ELLYSE
You will have to go through Lijiang and Zhongdian (Shangri-La) enroute as there's no direct route from Lugu Lake to Deqin.
Mar 4, 2008 05:13
GUEST45592 Thanks ELLYSE alot! Would you please give more information of the route to Lugu from Shangrila, such as: distance, bus no, map...
As I will go to Lugu for the 1st time, so i need the information as detail as possible.
Thanks in advanced
Mar 4, 2008 19:56
  • ELLYSE
Eh? There're no bus "numbers" as the destinations are in Chinese characters.
Shangri-La 香格里拉 -- Lijiang 丽江 is about 5 hours by bus, last bus leaves at 1700.
Lijiang 丽江 -- Lugu Lake 泸沽湖 is about 8-10 hours by bus, the only departures are in the morning but I'm not sure what time.
Ask at your hostel/guesthouse in Lijiang, they'll know.
Mar 19, 2008 20:57
GUEST45592 Thanks a lot.
Can you give me some information of the route to Lugu lake from Zhongdian: distance, how much time it takes, timetable...??? I need it urgently , huhuhu
Mar 20, 2008 05:59
  • ELLYSE
I already gave you that information in the answer above, didn't I?
In case you're wondering: Shangri-La = Zhongdian; there're no direct buses from Zhongdian to Lugu Lake.
Clear enough now?
Jan 6, 2013 01:21
GUEST24176 Thinking of visiting Lugu Lake next month (Feb), and am guessing there still isn't a direct road from Lugu Lake to Shangri-la.

As for the journey between Lijiang and Lugu Lake, are the mountain roads still very treacherous and scary? How are the roads between Lijiang and Shangri-la?

Thanks!
Post a Reply to: Lugu Lake in January
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code