Menu
CAN I TEACH EGNLISH IN CHINA
Nov 24, 2007 04:55
  • MAGOMN
Teaching English in China without Tesol certificate
Hello everyone:

Is it possible for me to find a teaching position in China without first obtaining a tesol certificate? I would like to teach English but notice that many positions require a certificate or experience. I am a native English speaker, with a Diploma in Secretarial Science. I am looking for a teaching position, to teach small children in any city. Are there any such positions and where would they be? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Maggie
yahoo.com|magomn4u
Nov 24, 2007 06:21
  • APAULT
Yes it is possible, but the basic standard is that you should have a BA level degree. However, that can be got around. As you want to teach small children I suggest you apply to private kindies. In most cases they do not have permission to employ foreigners so you cannot get the true work visa. However, you can usually work on an F visa (business) even though it is not supposed to be allowed. You should ensure an employer will arrange a visa for you. If you work on an L visa (tourist) there is a bigger risk of you being ejected.

Do a search on the net for such jobs and you will find quite a few - though I am not very familiar with the 'babies' end of the market. Start with ANESL.com and get some idea of the jobs. If you get stuck, msg me in here and I will see if I can help.

Nov 25, 2007 06:44
  • BLUEYANKEE44
You Can Teach:
However for Americans and Foreigners its wise to check
with the Chinese and American Embassies.
Nov 25, 2007 07:14
  • APAULT
What are u suggesting he should check for Blue?
Dec 15, 2007 09:49
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Maggie,

You most likely can get a job teaching English with the qualifications you have but it is a good idea if you can do your TESOL training. If you have a natural gift for teaching this of course is better still but nothing beats experience and this is something you can get in China.

You are more likely to get a reasonable job in a Middle school first and then you can look around for a primary or kindergarten since there are less of this kind of position available especially without experience.

However, desperation is good motivation to employ a native speaker with little experience. Answer a few advertisements and see what you can find. There are certainly more jobs than candidates to fill them all.
Post a Reply to: CAN I TEACH EGNLISH IN CHINA
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code