Menu
How to be a successful businessman?
Nov 26, 2007 02:23
  • DREAMLIFE
What qualities should a successful businessman have, ambitious, smart and etc? Except those qualities, what else should he have? In China, I guess that you should learn to deal with personal relations, especial with those who have power in their hands. Sometimes, you need to go backdoors----bribe them in order to get their permissions. That means reciprocity is very important. Seeing in this aspect, it seems that all businessmen are not good and upright men. Sometimes, you have to play some tricks or cheats.

As we know, what they do is not in accordance with morality. But business is business. If you want to succeed, you have to do this. My friends, what do you think a successful businessman should have (qualities or some other requirements)? In your opinion, what should we do and learn if we want to be successful businessmen?
Nov 26, 2007 07:31
  • LIONPOWER
Hello DREAMLIFE,
Do you thinking to be a businessman?
Nov 27, 2007 01:32
  • DREAMLIFE
Lion, I do not want to be a businessman since I lack of all qualities listed above. I just want to hear your opinions on this issue.
Jun 11, 2009 02:13
GUEST31214 Not all businessmen are cheaters.......just a few..but it doesnt help in d end...coz morality still counts...at least in d business world...coz its ur whole reputation at stake...no businessman would put that in jepordy...he would only b a fool if he did..
Jul 30, 2009 13:39
GUEST15330 Peace
Jul 30, 2009 13:46
GUEST15330 Dreamlife, I think, is right on the money about the Chinese. THe idea refered to here is what the Chinese term "Guanxi". It is important. Without it you will never succeed, unless you have lots of money. Money is the great equalizer in Chinese relationships.
Jul 30, 2009 21:03
  • MARRIE
honest, tolerate, energetic, knowlegable in psychology.
Aug 1, 2009 18:54
GUEST15330 If you want to business in China, Dude, you really have to have connections. Guanxi is connectedness in its most extreme form.

Psychology! So what? You absolutely must know the culture, though. That consumes more than psychology.

The best businessmen are scoundrels. Dirtbags. A nice guy might as well just go fishing.
Aug 1, 2009 20:03
  • MARRIE
guest, since the opening to outside door, lots of 'business men' have been emerging. However, if they are qualified to this titles, it's still a question. As in a not that matured biz enviroment, craps with boldness have more chance to become upstarts. Things have changed now in mainland I believe. As foreign business men, in order to run biz successfully in China, to well understand its culture is the key.
Aug 2, 2009 22:41
GUEST15330 One more thing. Besides guanxi or/and money anyone hoping to do business in China really ought to have some authority of some kind. If no one has even heard of you until today, you will be laughed out the door. "Get lost, kid," that is all you will be told. "Come back in thirty years!"
Aug 3, 2009 19:31
  • MARRIE
>>The best businessmen are scoundrels. Dirtbags. A nice guy might as well just go fishing. <<

guest, it's true to a sense, They are NOT nice guys who are shrew and tab everything including human in dollar amount.
Page 1 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to be a successful businessman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code