Menu
ABC Teaching English in China or Taiwan
Nov 26, 2007 17:40
  • MOONDOLLARS
I'm an Asian American female who was born and educated in the United States. I'd like to know something about teaching English in China -- Do Chinese people prefer an American-looking person over a Chinese-looking both though both are native speakers? (I know that they say as long as you're a native speaker, you can teach. Yet, I have also heard people say that they are partial towards Western-looking faces.)

Thanks!

- Moondollars
http://community.faithvine.com/profiles/moondollars
Nov 27, 2007 10:52
  • APAULT
I believe you will have little problem as you are clearly a native speaker. A few places will not want you because you are not visually foreign and they are concerned it doesn't help them with their marketing. However there are so many jobs that you should not have a problem on these grounds. Soon I will be discriminated against, but the shortage will ensure my wrinkles don't stop me getting a job for a while yet!
Jun 3, 2008 09:52
GUEST93219 How difficult is it o get a teaching job in China? I would like to find something in Beijing for at least 6 months. I assume I will need a special visa. Would it be my responsibility to get to Beijing on my own and to find my own lodging? Please advise
Post a Reply to: ABC Teaching English in China or Taiwan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code