Menu
AIDS virus carriers and suffers to be permitted to enter China
Dec 1, 2007 03:13
  • ZOEY
It is reported that China is preparing to revise the regulations of Entry and Exit Management to permit AIDS virus carriers and suffers to enter China. China has not permitted AIDS suffers and AIDS virus carriers to enter China before since they do not know how AIDS is spreaded. After learning and researching AIDS, China has made its decision to allow AIDS virus carriers and suffers to enter China. However, the Ministry of Health said it needs some time to revise the law. Really good news, right?
Dec 1, 2007 09:34
  • LIONPOWER
Yes, the law is very kind but AIDS is not kind, so we must take care about "AIDS".
Dec 1, 2007 16:50
  • GRIZ326
The did the same thing in the US quite a few years back.

I have always wanted someone to explain why it makes sense to give someone known to have a deadly, infectious disease the opportunity to spread the disease.
Dec 1, 2007 19:42
  • DODGER
AIDS is a deadly disease. There is no cure.
There have been cases in Oz of men infecting women deliberately. The men are sent to jail and the women are waiting to die.
I make no moral judgment on Gays and their “life style” here but this is, at least in Oz a disease found mainly in the Gay community.
Should carries be allowed to travel? Not if it is at the risk of someone else’s health and life.
Dodger.
Dec 2, 2007 01:06
  • JABAROOTOO
Highly contagious and life threatening transmittable diseases are always quarentened to contain their spread. What should be different about the HIV_AIDS virus.

China already has a serious problem with the disease having been unwittingly spread amongst the poorer, uninformed rural communities while giving blood to make a little extra income.

Does China really need to increase the risks to her general population!!!!!!!!
Dec 2, 2007 16:10
  • GRIZ326
I would bet dollar$ to donuts that this policy change has to do with the Olympics and internation pressure to allow the gay community and other infected groups to attend.
Dec 6, 2007 18:12
  • STELLA8455
I heard that in China there are already so many people who suffers from AIDS, especially at the countryside. So I think preventing and permitting AIDS virus carriers and suffers to enter the country is not an important matter. Letting people well understand disease is more effect way, I think. So China's new policy would be good for AIDS virus carriers and suffers' right.
Dec 19, 2007 11:35
  • APAULT
I agree with Stella, it is a waste of time to discriminate, the disease is now endemic.

In Australia it is illegal to discriminate against HIV/AIDS carriers. The reality is that infection from normal everyday contact does not spread disease. Sharing needles and unprotected sex (especially amongst gay men) are the major causes. So as far as workmates and normal social interaction is concerned I have no problem working with such people.

Post a Reply to: AIDS virus carriers and suffers to be permitted to enter China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code