Menu
Just Returned From Another Wonderful Trip to the PRC !!!
Dec 5, 2007 16:54
  • ROGERINCA
I just returned two nights ago from a month long trip to China.

I flew from LAX to CAN to meet my wife and then after a day to recover from some jet-lag, we flew together to Beijing. We visited all the great sites, such as the Mao Memorial, the Forbidden City, the Great Wall at Mutianyu, and the Beijing Opera.

We then flew down to Hongzhou/Suzhou, and visited the large silk production facility, where Lao Po bought a large silk beadspread to take to America with her early in the new year. We also took the scenic boat ride on the canals, visited a green tea production area and observed the monthly river tidal surge/wave at nearby Hongzhou.

We then traveled over to beautiful Shanghai, for a tour of the city and the sites in the Bund section of the old International Zone, which still gives one the feel of old Shanghai. We also watched the wonderful Shanghai Acrobats one evening; and went to the top of the Pearl Tower which offers a panoramic view of the entire city/region.

After about 10 days, we returned to Guangzhou, where I stayed until the 1st, with her family, and celebrated both my birthday and our one year wedding anniversary together.

This was a wonderful trip and GZ was not so hot and humid, as when I visited in the summer.

Moreover, the people seem to get more warm and friendly on each new visit to the China that I love so much. China never disappoints me.
Dec 5, 2007 21:45
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Hey Roger,

Your recent trip sounds amazing, were you able to plan all that before leaving the states?

He He its kind of interesting, If it wasn't for your post for your last trip to the PRC on Oct 1st that I would have never came across this amazing forum.

Take it easy,
Danny
Dec 6, 2007 10:28
I'm so pleased for you Roger, I wish it was me with my Jing, never mind, I'm hoping to fly to Shanghai on the 7th Jan, it's a pity it will only be for 3 weeks.
Alan
Dec 7, 2007 14:47
  • ROGERINCA
Hey Danny,

Thanks for the comments !!

It makes me happy I can contribute to one's enjoyment of fabulous China, via TCG !!

That is my only agenda here. The forum has changed a lot over the past couple of years, and I miss many of the old regulars who were here more often in the past, but who have obviously moved on; they kept the focus on China travel, culture and history.

I try to stay away from anything [political] here, and try to tune out those who come here with an agenda which is not travel to China, but promoting their own point of view. This is one of the reasons I do not spend as much time here anymore.

Yes, I planned the trip all myself, with some help from my very intelligent Lao Po !! :) :)

You are not too far from me in San Jose !! I am east of Sacramento up in the foothills.

Enjoy China !!

Take care, Roger
Dec 7, 2007 15:16
  • ROGERINCA
Alan,

Thank you for your kind comments !!

You are a real gentleman, and I wish you and your woman from China the best for the future.

Yes, we spent nearly four days in Shanghai and I really enjoyed this incredible city. I cannot wait to return again to 'Old Shanghai'. The people of Shanghai are very warm and friendly.

I really enjoyed visiting the Bund and the waterfront area near the Bund. It made me think of all the incredible history from the turn of the last century, with the British-Franco and other western nation's influence, to when the Japanese occupied the city, until the end of the war. It is amazing to contemplate all that the Chinese nation, including the great city of Shanghai, had to endure over the last century.

Unfortunately, most westerners, do not have a great sense of history in this regard.

I hope you and your partner have a wonderful time together in January !! Bring a jacket !! LOL

Best wishes, Roger

Dec 11, 2007 12:05
  • CARLOS
I planned to fly to Nanning at Christmas time with my kids. Something came up and kids could not come, so I spend Christmas wit them here. Then I thought about early Jan, because two of my new friends fly there to get married, Boss said no. Now I am planning a trip there around Chinese New Year, early Feb, if my wife donĀ“t get license to Finland before that.
I have been to China twice, ten days each time, next trip will be only 7 - 8 days.
So, I can honestly say I envy both of You, Roger and Alan for having possibilities to stay for so long in country I fell in love with at the first sight. And staying with Your wifes for so long.
Alan, once again, be happy with Your Lao Po.

Carlos
Dec 11, 2007 20:04
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Yo! Alan! I bet you are counting the days! (^_^)/

Are you going to have a traditional wedding? Are you gonna post your wedding pics here?

Yay! So excited for you.

All the best! (^_^)/
Dec 12, 2007 00:57
Thank you my friends, yes I'm counting the day's and thanks for warning Roger, Jing had already told me to bring warm clothing as it would be cold in Shanghai.
As fpr the wedding, I think it will be just a quiet one with just a few friends there, I see about getting some pic's on here later.
Alan
Post a Reply to: Just Returned From Another Wonderful Trip to the PRC !!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code