Menu
Zhanjiang in guangdong province of china
Dec 5, 2007 21:26
  • IBAUSSIE
Hi everyone,the names peter,
I am traveling to china,specifically a city called Zhanjiang in february for the Chinese New Year.Is there anyone out there who has been to this city,visited and can give me any information they may have. The city is costal and industrial,7 mill plus people in the guangdong province.
Much appreciated
Peter
Dec 5, 2007 21:38
  • ELLYSE
If you just want general information, a simple Google will turn up lots of results.
If you're asking about something more specific, reword your question so that it's reflected thus.
Dec 6, 2007 08:34
  • APAULT
Yes Peter, I know the city and like it. I lived there a few months. I prefer the northern district Chikan which has plenty of character, but also noisy. It is not strictly coastal more estuarine.... but there are a few nice places along that stretch with bars and places to drink cocunuts on the street. there are plenty of places for 'night tea' or evening yum cha, or street bbq...especially oysters and mussels. There are islands not too far a way, but they are nothing special by international standards...dont expect blue seas.

I have some students from there, maybe one or two woukd be interested in showing you around. msg me if you want to follow up.
Dec 6, 2007 14:25
  • IBAUSSIE
hello,
thanks for that,The kind of things i am looking for having not been to china is like things to be aware of,problems with officialdom people may have had,etc.
People usually have places they liked,disliked that kind of stuff.
cheers peter
Post a Reply to: Zhanjiang in guangdong province of china
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code