Menu
flying in China on short notice
Dec 11, 2007 12:09
guestPaul I will be in Beijing on January 17 and leave from there on the 23rd. In the meantime, I plan to do some of the usual tourist stuff. I also plan to go to Shanghai and back and a slim possilbility to Xian.

I'll be travelling alone (57 male) and would like to know if I can make plane reservations at a reasonable cost on the day of travel or should I book ahead.

Appreciate any comments on the wisdom of this.

Regards

Paul
Dec 14, 2007 21:13
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,Paul,

1-Since we have China Spring Festival in Feb' 08, so all kinds of tickets become hot, so pls make sure to book tickets in advance.

2-Since you only have 7days & considering your health, we have to say you can choose two city maximum. You can cut Shanghai or Xi'an.Then you can enjoy your trip more well instead of always on transportation.

3-It is cold in Beijing for Jan' 08, pls take thick clothes.

4-You can make plane reservations via web: www.ctrip.com & www.elong.com. Both the two companies have good reputation here.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060

Dec 15, 2007 07:56
  • JABAROOTOO
Hello Paul,
Don't panic. You'll be well and truly gone by Spring Festival which is really busy. However it will still be school holidays and relatively busy but there are loads of daily flights to both Shanghai and Xian.

to be honest you really only have time to enjoy one of these cities. By the time you travel to and from the airports at either end you'll lose half the day as well.

Just book you flights a day or so before you plan to go. They may not be the cheapest but I'm sure you won't miss out.

Enjoy your flying visit.
Dec 15, 2007 20:00
GUEST45181 Thank you for the responses. I think I will skip Xian.

That makes it easier to plan ahead so might book flights earlier.

many thanks

Paul
Post a Reply to: flying in China on short notice
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code