Menu
Mt.Leshan and Emeishan
Jan 2, 2005 08:40
  • PRINCE
May I ask u something?

How can I go to Mt.Leshan and Emeishan from Chengdu? How much for the transportation?

Where can I book a hotel in Mt.Emeishan on the golden peak? any wesite? How much per night?
Jan 4, 2005 12:00
  • DAISY
Hi again, Prince!
Take long-distance bus to Leshan and Emeishan at the Xinnanmen Bus Station. The bus to Leshan Giant Buddha takes you around 2 hours and RMB 34 or RMB 50, and one bus every 30 minutes.
The one to Emeishan, RMB 31 or RMB 50, every 20 minutes one bus.

And to get the Xinnanmen Bus Station, just take the 6, 28, 49, 55, 302 from the downtown.

Jan 4, 2005 12:29
  • BILLIE
The Jinding Hotel on the Golden Summit is probably the best choice. It is probably the highest hotel in the whole of Sichuan province, located right on the 3099M high Golden Summit peak of Emeishan Mountain. With the holy Buddhist temple-Golden Summit Temple and the viewer's terrace both nearby, the unique location of the hotel make it an ideal place for rest after tasting the victory of ascent.

The monasteries up here usually offer vegetarian food and shelter at at pretty low prices, and, although standards are very basic, the experience of lodging in a historical religious temple is an added attraction. From the mountain foot to the summit, Baoguo Monastery, Fuhu Temple, Wannian Temple and the Golden Summit Temple all provide accommodation.

Another choice are the hostels along the path run by local mountain dwellers. These hotels are obviously more commercial oriented and it is worth checking out a few of these places before deciding which one to stay in. What's more, don't forget to bargain!
Post a Reply to: Mt.Leshan and Emeishan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code