Menu
I need your advice please...
Jan 4, 2005 07:15
  • KITKAT
Hello everyone, I am travelling to Hohhot and Baotou in March / April 2005 and am looking for good travel tips, suggestions of places to visit and any useful facts as this will be my first time visiting China.
Jan 4, 2005 09:47
  • TEDDY
The best time to visit the city is between May and September (it seems that your choice of the visit time is quite correct!), when the weather is neither too hot nor too cold for comfort. Many travellers here are interested in the grasslands, and if this is your reason for coming to the city then your optimal time for a visit, when the grass is lushly green, will be between July and early September.
Jan 6, 2005 09:00
the following from the travel tips may help u.
Mongolians are hospitable. When you are invited to a ger, enjoy it but donot forget some basic dos and donts.
Drive slowly when you are near a ger. Donot scare the cattle. Enter the ger from the left. Donot have to take off your shoes in the ger.Do not go through the herds since the owner would feel offended. Receive milk tea or wine with both your hands or right hand to show your respect.
There is no toilet but you can go to the south to the ger. The east or west to the ger is where sheep pen is while the smell may be blown into the ger from the north. The ice in the north or west to the ger is for edible water. So never pollute them.

Jan 8, 2005 15:24
  • NATASHA
Dazhao Temple, Gegentala Grassland, Zhaojun Tomb, Xilamuren Grassland, Aobao, Inner Mongolia Museum, Wanbu Huayanjin Pagoda, Five-Pagoda Temple and Xilituzhao Palace in Hohhot and Genghis Khan's Mausoleum, Wudang Zhao Monastery in Baotou.
Post a Reply to: I need your advice please...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code